Pierre Paquet
Canada
Boischatel
Québec Province
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
We tried this map some week ago with 6 players and we really had a tough time so tonight we decided to give it another try but this time woth 4 players. Laurence, Mario and Pierre already knew the rules and Marc-Andre was fast to understand.

This scenario is very different from the others and to show this, Marc-Andre won the loco action on turn 1 with a 4th place ! Pierre was first in the betting round and choose the engineer action to build in the middle of the map along with the 3 other players who choose this location. Marc-Andre was on for a big start but Mario put an agressive urbanization right on turn 2 and Marc-Andre was confused by this action and had to make small deliveries and he also had to back on the income track. As in our first game money was a problem for everyone and Laurence won the initiative with 2$ on round 2 and she choose the important black urbanization on her network. Mario went south, Marc-Andre was trying to make a loop and Pierre was building toward the northwest. On the next round Marc-Andre used the blue urbanization on Pierre's network to deny him 2 nice shippings but he wasn't able to finish his loop. I don't really understand why he made this move since it was Mario who earlier made an agressive urbanization on his network, I suppose he forgot since he would never have done a move like this Pierre won the loco action and decided not to build in this turn and prepare himself for the next turn. This was a good move by Pierre and in the next turn he won the urbanization action and made 2 shippings of 5 income each. Mario was finally able to complete his expensive loop in the south and he made nice shiipings. Laurence connected the southeast cities and made a nice comeback.

This play was better than our last on this map. We still had a tough time but we had more fun. We were able to keep our number of shares very low and nobody took more than 14 shares.

Final scoring:

Pierre: 56
Mario: 48
Laurence: 47
Marc-Andre: 45
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
dedefortin wrote:
This play was better than our last on this map. We still had a tough time but we had more fun.

I'm glad.

Quote:
We were able to keep our number of shares very low and nobody took more than 14 shares.

Interesting. I rarely see winning players here with much less than 18 shares issued astrack is 33% more valuable than in the base game.

Quote:
Final scoring:

Pierre: 56
Mario: 48
Laurence: 47
Marc-Andre: 45

What were the final score breakdowns? We usually see 30+ track VPs for the winning players (I think the highest I've seen in 38), plus incomes in the mid 30's for four player games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Paquet
Canada
Boischatel
Québec Province
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
The players had between 15 to 20 tracks in the end. Pierre had the lowest amount of shares (10) and Laurence had the most at 14.

Pierre

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
dedefortin wrote:
The players had between 15 to 20 tracks in the end. Pierre had the lowest amount of shares (10) and Laurence had the most at 14.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.