Subject: Solitaire WW2/1 Board Game for a Straight up beginner!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jan hendrik
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I am very intresstid in ww1 preferably ww2 Board Games. And to be honost i really love skirmish. So i dont want to scare People off immediatly but the Big boards with all the charts and supllys etc dont really get me since they seem really overwhelming.
So what im kinda looking for is a Nice little skirmish Game with a good amount of rules,, Just not to huge since this will be my First wargame.

Ive seen some Games like ambush! Fields of Fire, raf Battle of britain etc. And ive seen a (Quite expensive here) lovely Game called conflict of heroes!!

Is there something simuliar to that that you can recommend wich focusses on skirmish battles? And preferably really fit for a starter in War Games.

I just thought Let me ask the People who play them, since when i look around i just Have a feeling im not finding what i really like!

To be short, what Fits my search Area is when u Have 1 token or topdown unit, it represents that unit! And a Board with some hexes / line of sight , good a.i. etc would 100% fit my search!!

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like a job for the wargamers forum! https://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/743498/wargames/general

Seriously, you can keep this thread here, but ask the same over there. Lots of experience and friendly and helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
The only specifically solitaire one I can think of is D-Day Dice.

Memoir '44 can be played solo, although it's not designed for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGodsMustBeCrazy wrote:
The only specifically solitaire one I can think of is D-Day Dice.

Memoir '44 can be played solo, although it's not designed for it.

I own both of these and would definitely recommend them. D-day dice if you like rolling tons of dice and then manage resources. Memoir 44 if you want a more tactile hex war experience (there are several solo variants that work well). My current solo variant is to hold up 3 cards for my two year old to choose one and then I preform that as optimal as I can for the opposing side lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
My current solo variant is to hold up 3 cards for my two year old to choose one and then I preform that as optimal as I can for the opposing side...

Excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian
Australia
North Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've mentioned Ambush! which I think fits what you are looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merrill's Marauders: Commandos in Burma 1943-1944 or Long Range Desert Group: Special Operations Against Rommel 1941-1942

No hex map (they are point to point maps) but very close to everything else you are asking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Combat Commander plays great solo. Where are you located? We could try playing it sometime to see what you think. I'm in Eindhoven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jan hendrik
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the recommendations!! I Have got Super interestid in awakening the Bear, and the Leader series tend to appeal me. Though i only really seem to like the theme of Tiger Leader but the reviews Are 50/50 it seems.

Im going to have a look at the Games you recommended, some of them allready appeal Just by the theme so thats a start

#im located in Friesland so its a bit of a Travel hehe! Though a colleague of Mine has a ton load of info to so i think ill be Super busy @reading reviews etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.