Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay I couldn't get how he works like at all... Can someone put it in Laymen terms how this mechanic works?

Also if you have the Espenlade as the edge you can't buy Ether's right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How what works? I think you missed something in the post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sias Mey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think he might be referring to the Shadow Master.

If that is what you are referring to, there are a few things he influences. So ... lets break them down in the hopes that I guessed right.

1. Money. If you have control of the shadow master. Your start of turn income goes to bidding for control of the shadow master instead of to you.

2. Actions. If you have control of the SM, you get 4 instead of 3.

3. Agent Movement. If you have control of the SM, before you take your turn, since you will be going first, You can move the agents currently on the board. You can move them a single space, they ignore fog banks and they cant go into the Esplanade. If they start on a space with timer tokens, you can remove as many as you want from that tile, and each one you remove FORCES the agent to move one more space. You also cant double back with that extra movement.

4. Bidding. On your turn, you can add as much money as you want to bidding for shadow master control. If your bid reaches 5... it is immediately removed. Doesnt matter how it reaches 5 ... if it does, it gets removed immediately. At the end of each round, you compare bids.. the highest bid, gets the Master. If thats the same person that already had him... thats it. If there is a tie, it goes to the person with the highest ether mastery... most of the colour of the edge they are sitting at. If its still a tie, the start player doesnt change, but the Master goes back to the middle and nobody gets his advantages for that round.

5. Changing SM Control. Last one, promise... If the shadow changes hands. Everybodies bids get wiped out. Then you replace the oldest agent on the board with the next in line. You put the new one on the same tile as the old one leaves.

Thats that.

Also ... Esplenade as edge?? Again, im gonna assume what I think you are asking or are confused about. Board edge has nothing to do with your pawn or where they are, it has to do with you and where you are sitting next to the board.

The only way it changes is if the entire board gets moved.

If you meant, can you buy ethers at the esplenade, then the answer is no. There is no wheel with colours there, so there is no price to pay or ether to get.

If you meant, when you turn a wheel using the esplenade can you then move to that wheel and buy.. the answer is yes. The Buy and Sell restriction only applies to buying and selling on the same wheel in the same turn. Its the buy and sell, not the rotation thats a problem.

Err... that was pretty wide eventually... I hope I have explained what you were asking somewhere in there... if I didnt. Let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah well we screwed up a lot I was going with your pawn has to buy either based on the edge of the pawn. If his next space is a red 3 then you pay 3 coins for a red Ether did I read that wrong in the rules..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.