Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bower
United States
Springfied
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We are getting ready for our first full scenario(2nd overall) Saturday, and I had two questions, one almost more strategy than rules but still fitting to be called a rules question I think.

1.I 100% get the point of underground insurgent pieces, but what is the point of the COIN pieces that are either underground or exposed? The Insurgent actions that remove pieces don't seem to care if COIN pieces are underground or not (pg.8"Removed pieces ....may be Underground special forces") so why do those pieces even need to be distinguished as underground or not?

2.Can the US really just throw new troops into Saigon during Commitment EVEN if Saigon is NVA controlled?(Pg.11"any COIN controlled space, Locs, and Saigon")

3.I saw mention of a FAQ but my search skills must blow as I can not find it. Please help.

FYI I love this game, and have asked my group to play the full scenario as a birthday present...in February. Better late than never as I finally get to do so in August!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valerio Vitelli
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mb
1. The importance of ARVN rangers/US irregulars being underground is for their action, not how they are taken out by insurgents. They usually have to be activated from underground to do stuff (usually killing pieces).

2. Yes, I'm almost positive about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JuggaloNinja wrote:
We are getting ready for our first full scenario(2nd overall) Saturday, and I had two questions, one almost more strategy than rules but still fitting to be called a rules question I think.

1.I 100% get the point of underground insurgent pieces, but what is the point of the COIN pieces that are either underground or exposed? The Insurgent actions that remove pieces don't seem to care if COIN pieces are underground or not (pg.8"Removed pieces ....may be Underground special forces") so why do those pieces even need to be distinguished as underground or not?

2.Can the US really just throw new troops into Saigon during Commitment EVEN if Saigon is NVA controlled?(Pg.11"any COIN controlled space, Locs, and Saigon")

3.I saw mention of a FAQ but my search skills must blow as I can not find it. Please help.

FYI I love this game, and have asked my group to play the full scenario as a birthday present...in February. Better late than never as I finally get to do so in August!!!
1. Those pieces get flipped face up by certain actions, if they are already face up then those actions can't be performed.

2. Yes, as per the rules you quoted.

3. Hopefully somebody else can help with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1233968/official-errata

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can't get three other players, Oerjan's non-player bots are awesome. Out of all the COIN games, this one plays the best solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bower
United States
Springfied
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jackalope wrote:
If you can't get three other players, Oerjan's non-player bots are awesome. Out of all the COIN games, this one plays the best solo.

I know many feel that way, but I found the bots to be the biggest headache of any form of game rules I have ever read. I won't bother ever trying to use those again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.