Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Miller
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy a card from blackmarket with blackmarket card, sorry don't have game in front of me, but situation is the face card that cost 2 nuyen, says you can then buy a card from the BM. Question is, can I know buy ANY card? Like I didn't play a mana card, but want to buy Fireball. We played that you could, because otherwise it seems this card has little use, but if I read the text literally, then there are no prerequ to buying... makes it worthwhile... thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the card in front of me, either, but generally the rule for those types of cards is that the only rule it breaks is that explicitly mentioned. If all it says is you can buy a card I'd assume it's only breaking the general timing of card purchases and not any other requirements like costs or clauses on each card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't let you break a prerequisite rule for a spell card, but it does break the rule of when you buy the card. Black Market Contacts allows you to buy a card immediately when you play it, so you can play the purchased card on the same turn since you haven't left your Play Cards phase. It may be my least favorite 2 cost card, but it has saved me quite a few times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Miller
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OH well, I was hoping.... but yeah I did buy it with the intent of using it correctly... and can see its use...but when you have 3 of them staring at you in the BM, you know its going to be one of THOSE games...thanks for the quick replies!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Simpson
msg tools
They're also a cheap way for other runners to pick up some red damage if they need it.

You can do some crazy combos with Black Market Contacts and Negotiation; play enough red cards and you can buy something for no money and immediately play it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Cant
England
London
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add you don't need to have played a mana to buy a fireball,

It's the lightning bolt and clairvoyance cards that have the purchase restriction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.