Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pako FuNkyBoY
Spain
Castelldefels
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there info about how the game difficult will change in a campaign mode when heroes get better and better?..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I have read so far, the increasing difficulty in dens is part of the mission/den setup. For one off plays, there is recommendations on items per. character to provide the necessary boost to level it out. Otherwise, players buy items with focus tokens (i believe that's what they were called) in between dens/missions before moving on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like was said above, each mission will increase in difficulty however if you're playing in stand alone mode then the mission will tell you how to upgrade your hunters to deal with that mission. I believe that includes equipment, special abilities and weapons.

I'm not sure if there is any other info on that at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pako FuNkyBoY
Spain
Castelldefels
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question was about the enemies. How the enemies will grow in power to balance better and better heroes. How game difficult will be increased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a guess, as I haven't read/watched everything yet, but there are different vampires, from newly turned, simpler ones to more advanced Elders. Since tokens determine what you find/fight (turned over after you enter/search a room during the day), it is possible the rules for a mission instruct a certain type of tokens to be mixed and then randomly placed. So harder dens will have harder enemy tokens to reveal? Seems that way from what I have seen so far, but not totally sure.

With stretch goal update posts, they have been also giving out tidbits of gameplay info on some of the mechanics like debris and Elder Influence, so I would bet they will either provide more info in an update or with the future videos to come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
funkyboy wrote:
My question was about the enemies. How the enemies will grow in power to balance better and better heroes. How game difficult will be increased.

That's indeed a very good point.

FunkyFlyChicken wrote:
Since tokens determine what you find/fight (turned over after you enter/search a room during the day), it is possible the rules for a mission instruct a certain type of tokens to be mixed and then randomly placed.

Fiddling with spawn tokens to build a specific pool is not an option imho. It is possible, but unnecessarily annoying.

I guess advanced scenarios will simply have more spawn tokens all around the map to generate more basic vampires. Additionally the "end boss" vampire types will become more and more difficult and perhaps later on more in numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carraway0877 wrote:
funkyboy wrote:

That's indeed a very good point.

yup, extremely good question; one that have also bug me quite a bit. After all, having to fix SoB scaling issues was enough for me. I have read quite a few of this quest, but creators that I can find have not give an answer yet.. I`m waiting for an update, after all there is quite a bit of time yet...

carraway0877 wrote:
FunkyFlyChicken wrote:
Since tokens determine what you find/fight (turned over after you enter/search a room during the day), it is possible the rules for a mission instruct a certain type of tokens to be mixed and then randomly placed.

Fiddling with spawn tokens to build a specific pool is not an option imho. It is possible, but unnecessarily annoying.

I guess advanced scenarios will simply have more spawn tokens all around the map to generate more basic vampires. Additionally the "end boss" vampire types will become more and more difficult and perhaps later on more in numbers.

agree...
IMO a simple modifier should be implemented. vampires go up x% on health, attacks, or... per z of the heroes.

Also on their cards (which still have quite a bit of space that could be use without making it too crowded / ugly) they can have something along the lines of:
During a campaign on:
quest 3: acquired x ability
quest 5: acquired z ability

and so on... it requires playtesting and study of the balance. But that is what I expect on all games that go for a campaign mode. If not I have to balance it. (again SoB)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Seidler
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did nobody play a campaign of Galaxy Defenders? There's no need to increase the enemies stats if there are balanced scenarios which get harder from mission to mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisback79 wrote:
Did nobody play a campaign of Galaxy Defenders? There's no need to increase the enemies stats if there are balanced scenarios which get harder from mission to mission.

This exactly. You don't need to increase stats on enemies if the scenarios are set up right. Just don't expect to fight a Elder Vampire in your first mission or two.

...And of course, I have played the full core box campaign of Galaxy Defenders. They handle the mission difficulty exactly like Vampire Hunters is proposing. It works very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony At DGG
msg tools
We have many things at our disposal.

All games are played against the game clock, with day and night periods:
* Less Time = Harder
* More Time = Easier
* Same time, but more Day rounds = Easier
* Same time, but more Night rounds = Harder

We can adjust the spawn rate:
* More Encounter tokens placed during setup = Harder.

The general size of the Den:
* More tiles = more to fight, so you will rack up more damage on your hunter. Even with lots of time, big dens are tough.

Hunt-specific rules for placement, e.g.
* Whenever an encounter token places a Thrall, place two Thralls.

* Hunt-specific AI rules for bosses to make them more aggressive, etc.

And finally the ever popular deck stacking, as a last resort. If we have to use this, all cards/tokens/etc will be numbered so deck manipulation will require the minimum of reading. We have not had to resort to this yet and it will be our very last choice. (Think of how much deck rigging we will have to do while play testing! We do not want this either.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
Chrisback79 wrote:

This exactly. You don't need to increase stats on enemies if the scenarios are set up right. Just don't expect to fight a Elder Vampire in your first mission or two.

...And of course, I have played the full core box campaign of Galaxy Defenders. They handle the mission difficulty exactly like Vampire Hunters is proposing. It works very well.

yes, but to the best of my reading / knowledge this actually have not being said in the main page or rulebook. I NEVER assume in KS. Hence I asked.
Considering campaigned mode is likely the one to be played at my place, I would like to know how it works.. no today, but start a chat about it and know most of the info I need before KS ends or PM ends.

I don't need the enemies to scale, nor the scenario; but I need something to do so. And is surprising how some games are "campaign" but some developers dont actually think much of scaling. if that is the plan, sounds good.

Tony at DGgames US wrote:
We have many things at our disposal.

All games are played against the game clock, with day and night periods:
* Less Time = Harder
* More Time = Easier
* Same time, but more Day rounds = Easier
* Same time, but more Night rounds = Harder

We can adjust the spawn rate:
* More Encounter tokens placed during setup = Harder.

The general size of the Den:
* More tiles = more to fight, so you will rack up more damage on your hunter. Even with lots of time, big dens are tough.

Hunt-specific rules for placement, e.g.
* Whenever an encounter token places a Thrall, place two Thralls.

* Hunt-specific AI rules for bosses to make them more aggressive, etc.

And finally the ever popular deck stacking, as a last resort. If we have to use this, all cards/tokens/etc will be numbered so deck manipulation will require the minimum of reading. We have not had to resort to this yet and it will be our very last choice. (Think of how much deck rigging we will have to do while play testing! We do not want this either.)

cool, it seems that we increasing scenario difficulty as said above. This sound pretty nice. (if this was said somewhere, my apologies I`ve trying to find it in the rule book and such; and cant find details on it )

Do you guys have plan to link the hunts during the campaign, in the sense that failing vs winning one would affect the next one. Meaning the outcome of a hunt would benefit or damage the next hunt. +/- thematic /lore / flavor effect.
thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony At DGG
msg tools
Campaign details will be coming soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tony at DGgames US wrote:
Campaign details will be coming soon.

/squeeeeeeeeeeeeee
teaser teaser... cant wait for this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisback79 wrote:

Best comment! Made my day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.