Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nevin Beaver
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was teaching the game to my son today and I looked down to see that the player mat I was using was starting to come apart (delaminate?). After the game I started looking at the others and saw another had the same problem.

I'm guessing some Elmer's glue should fix it pretty easily. Or is there something better to use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renjie Zhou
Belgium
Baal (Tremelo)
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what Elmer's glue is. But, i regularly use wood glue. The milky white glue. It fix most things that come apart from wood to paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should let Jamey know asap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The player mats are made from two pieces of cardboard that are glued together (after the top piece is punched, forming the holes you see on the mat). Sometimes the glue isn't applied perfectly, and those two pieces of cardboard start to come apart. Just apply a little glue between the two pieces of cardboard and they'll be as good as new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
The player mats are made from two pieces of cardboard that are glued together (after the top piece is punched, forming the holes you see on the mat). Sometimes the glue isn't applied perfectly, and those two pieces of cardboard start to come apart. Just apply a little glue between the two pieces of cardboard and they'll be as good as new.

I can attest that worked perfectly for me. I used wood glue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
…Elmer's glue…

A US brand name for the kind of glue generically known as PVA glue. A corresponding European brand is Ponal. Good for woodwork, indispensible for any kind cardboard work, including box repairs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PunTheHun wrote:
Quote:
…Elmer's glue…

A US brand name for the kind of glue generically known as PVA glue. A corresponding European brand is Ponal. Good for woodwork, indispensible for any kind cardboard work, including box repairs.

Every house should have a bottle of pva glue. It is indispensable .
Mixed with water it seals porous walls prior to painting or hanging wallpaper, sealing chalky/flaky walls prior to tiling or plastering. Arts and crafts , great for kids to use - makes paper mache.
And it glues down board game bits! . Simply wipe excess with a moist cloth.

For applying between two game mat pieces I would use a small paint brush.
Easy clean your paint brush with tap water afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit off topic, but interestingly - "wood glue" in the US is usually a tan color. While typical PVA glue (sold everywhere in the US under the Elmer's brand) is bright white. To make it more confusing Elmer's also makes wood glue (as do a bunch of other companies).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I did several insert for my game collection and I always used Aleene's tacky glue. Super strong glue for crafting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.