The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
How many copies of the base set and expansions would I need to do so?

Looking to play a huge 11 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot...

The problem is that most of the units from the first set and first expansion are unique, so building a 600 pt force for a single player is difficult enough let alone doing it for 11 players!

The real issue is with the dual colored plainswalkers though. The game only gives you enough spell cards to use the base 5 plainswalkers. You need at least 2 copies of the base game to even make use of the two plainswalkers from the expansion (without cannibalizing the spell decks from the other plainswalkers).

If I had to guess, with the addition of the 4 new plainswalkers (one of which is a duplicate of Jace, just with new abilities, so I'm not sure if you would want to use him along with the original one), I would say that you would need at least 2 of each set and possibly 5 or 6 of the starter sets in order to be able to use all 11 plainswalkers.

You might be able to get by with just 2 of each set, but you are going to severely limit the spells that are available to the dual color plainswalkers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
I currently have 2 base sets and one copy each of the 2 expansions, so I have spell decks for all the Planeswalkers. The main problem is boosting the summomable creatures available for each to 600 points, keeping in mind that the squads and heroes are unique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
11 sets would do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.