Mega Civilization» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: MegaCiv session at Essen? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I happen to live near Essen, I was wondering wheter a big MegaCiv session on Wednesday, before the fair, or on Sunday, instead of the fair, would be an interesting option for MegaCiv fans.

The game would have to be in another location obviously, but if there are enough interested people, I'm sure something could be found.
Maybe
Flo de Haan
Netherlands
Heerhugowaard
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
would be interested too - care for a rematch?

To be perfectly clear - this is not meant as the 2-3h promo games during the fair, but a game just before or after the fair.

I understand that most Hotels offer gamers place to game, so that might be an option. I appreciate any input!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have spoken with Flo about this - apparently he has some plans as to how to put something like this together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Harengel
Germany
Greven
Münsterland
flag msg tools
this geek loves strategy games
badge
this is an old photography of the young man
mbmbmbmbmb
I normaly take any chance to play a Mega Civilization.

But not during the Spiel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a 17 player match yesterday and finished 12h after the announced starting time, but I personally consider that the game plays a lot better with lower player counts, so while I still think that my general idea of MCiv event at Essen is a good one, I myself would probably not attend.
Looking forward to see what/if Flo organises something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played yesterday with 16 and agree with you - fun as a huge game, but I think 9p is the best player count. Three commodities per deck (27 total), no East/West card confusion, takes much less space, and it's much easier to get through the calamity resolution phase, so the game is strictly faster (40-50 minutes per turn instead of 60-75).

Recap of yesterday posted here:
http://nerdstable.blogspot.com/2016/07/mega-civ-for-eighth-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
Nick,

Are you going to do a write-up on Saturday's game? I thought it went well with 17 players although it was getting difficult at times to follow what everyone was doing or trying to do.

Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't plan to do a write-up, so it's up to you!

Yes, it went very smoothly for the high player count. But as it turns out, I prefer the games where I can really see what is going on the entire time. Also, I don't really like the double calamities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
The Hatti weren't paying that much attention to what was taking place on your side of the world (Saba, Nubia, Kushan) until it was too late. Hatti news coverage of events in foreign lands has always been minimal at best.

And I have no problem with you getting double calamities...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo de Haan
Netherlands
Heerhugowaard
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm talking to Pegasus Spiele about options.
We'll see what we can arrange.

If up to me we do a full 18 player game on SUNDAY...
Hold on, and I'll let know what the options are...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.