Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, with the addition of the fourth revolutionary, can this now be played as a 5 player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihály Vincze
Hungary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It's phisically possible, but we don't recommend it.
The high player count makes the game harder for the revolutionary team in some aspects (movement becomes a lot less flexible, resources are spread out too much), which can be compensated with minor modifications in the co-operative game.
However, a Soviet player can easily exploit these limitations with good tactical decisions.
A heavy set of advantages given to the revolutonary team might make it possible, but the amount of it very much depends on the Soviet player's experience with the game.

If you will like the game and try out a 5p game, will be are happy to hear about your experience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you play tested with 5? Maybe you could make some official recommendations as to the advantages to give.

I play games with a full five player count quite often and would love to be able to do so with this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
waleslie wrote:
Have you play tested with 5? Maybe you could make some official recommendations as to the advantages to give.

I play games with a full five player count quite often and would love to be able to do so with this game.

We've playtested the 4p coop, and *I* needed at least 2 "advantages" at setup to win. For comparison, I can usually win a solo with up to 2 "disadvantages", so I consider myself a fairly strong player

After that we said that making it against a live opponent (who will always target the weakest link) is nigh impossible. If you want to try it out (you can figure out the rules based on how 4p coop is handled), I'm not gonna stop you, but we give no promises that it'll end in anything but Soviet victory due to injuries or morale on turn 2-4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.