Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I believe that is not allowed by the rules, one of the players thought it was legal we after checking the rules ruled that it was not.

Player A has unlocked the +1 movement Mech

They do a move action and move a mech 2 Hexes, in the 1st Hex can they pickup two workers/resources and continue to the 2nd Hex?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Darlage
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
These pretzels are making me thirsty
mbmbmbmbmb
It is allowed. Page 15 of the rulebook under the description of speed:
Quote:
Your mechs can pick up and drop off resources and workers in the middle of a Move action when they have the Speed ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hazel
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cdarlage wrote:
It is allowed. Page 15 of the rulebook under the description of speed:
Quote:
Your mechs can pick up and drop off resources and workers in the middle of a Move action when they have the Speed ability.

While this is true for a mech that has speed, what if they only have the Factory Card for MOVE. This says is the same as a standard move. none of this verbage is under a standard move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's right there on page 11, the rules about the Move action:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hazel
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant that this verbage isnt on page 11

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, the way we write rules is we try really hard not to drop random concepts (like Speed) early in the rulebook before they're officially brought up and explained in detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

I had missed that completely, though I hadn't read the rule book properly as I had watched Rodney's video and another player had read the rules.

I have just checked some of the rules and I think we also did the encounters slightly wrong too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I would like to ask a question related to the subject...

Can I 'chain' the movement of workers? I transport them from one Hex to the next with the first Mech and then another Hex with the next Mech...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can do that.

You can move a worker with a mech and drop the worker off in a territory with another mech, then move that same worker with the second mech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Scott
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the question....this came up in our game last night and after a few minutes of trying to find it in the rules, we made a 'call' to allow it and moved on....now I can rest easy that we played it right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Falantrius wrote:

While this is true for a mech that has speed, what if they only have the Factory Card for MOVE.

This question - which I also had immediately after reading the rules - seems to not have been answered despite Jamey chiming in here.

When we read the rules literally, it sounds as though when you move two regions with a mech with the Factory Move action, but haven't unlocked the Speed ability, you aren't allowed to pick up or drop off workers or resources in the middle of it. After all, the rules about movement on p. 11 don't allow it (they just don't say anything about it) and the rules about the Speed ability say:

Rulebook, p. 15, Speed wrote:

One would think that if the Speed ability weren't a requirement, the rules could simply have left that out and only said "Your mechs can pick up and drop off resources and workers in the middle of a Move action." - on p. 15 to not confuse people about moving more than one region on p. 11.

However, that is somewhat of a speculation, the actual intent isn't really obvious to me, at least Jamey's posting above sounds a little as if prohibiting "Factory speeders" without the Speed ability from picking up and dropping off stuff midway may not actually have been intended. Or has it?

Any clarification would be appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
When a unit moves using a Factory card Move action, they can transport (pick up and drop off) resources mid-movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
When a unit moves using a Factory card Move action, they can transport (pick up and drop off) resources mid-movement.

Thanks for the swift reply.

But you only mentioned resources - what about workers, did you mean them as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darador wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

Thanks for the swift reply.

But you only mentioned resources - what about workers, did you mean them as well?

It's the same rule for both, so I would certainly think so. There is no implication of it being different...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Not all units can transport workers. But yes, of course mechs can transport workers and pick them up and drop them off mid-movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! OK, I suppose my reassuring second inquiry wasn't really necessarry, it was pretty clear that you meant that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.