$15.00
$20.00
$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Bear Valley» Forums » Rules

Subject: To anyone trying to play along with the examples in the rule book: DON'T rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
The rule book must have been written before the cards were finalized because some of the cards represented in the examples don't actually exist in the final wilderness deck. One example is the card on page 14 with the Blue 1 on it, but there are others as well that don't exist as shown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

The examples are still a very good way to learn how to play the game.

Carl created them so that you could learn the game directly from those examples, teaching you what happens in various situations during the game, and showing you the various options that you have.

The examples are meant to be used (read) directly from the rule book, and specifically not to be cards placed on the table from the Wilderness deck and River.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
evilone wrote:

The examples are still a very good way to learn how to play the game.

Carl created them so that you could learn the game directly from those examples, teaching you what happens in various situations during the game, and showing you the various options that you have.

The examples are meant to be used (read) directly from the rule book, and specifically not to be cards placed on the table from the Wilderness deck and River.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore

I wholeheartedly agree Stephen. I was just warning folks that they shouldn't try to play along. I did and thought I was going crazy when I couldn't locate some of the cards in the deck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.