Subject: Lanterns component upgrade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel VanDyke
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
My family and I like to play Lanterns but the card components are very clunky. I was wondering if any body had any suggestions on converting the images to a printable document that I could print to a sticker sheet and stick on some poker chips (like Splendor). I would like to try this but I am unfamiliar with imaging software. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds cool.

I use Adobe Illustrator, but I understand there are less expensive software alternatives, if you don't already have Illustrator.

Luke Phillips
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
usually recommends Inkscape. It may be free.

What shape are you wanting to make? Cutting circles can be difficult unless you have a craft punch that cuts in circles. You can get craft punches in several shapes, but they won't cut anything thicker than plain cardstock. I'm thinking of the Fiskars Easy Squeeze type punch.

If it were me, I'd likely make them squares or hexes. I'd arrange and print them on a letter sized label sheets. Stick the labels to chipboard front and back aligning both sides to each other. Then cut them out with a rotary cutter guided by a cork backed steel ruler. An Exacto type knife would work fine for cutting too.

Stickering poker chips is a good idea. One of my Geekbuddies stickered some small poker chips with numbers to use for money, and the numbers helped us remember the value of each color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Phillips
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pawnpusher wrote:

Luke Phillips
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
usually recommends Inkscape. It may be free.

Free, as in beer and free, as in speech

You make a good point re cutting circles it's a real pain, but if your planning to glue them to poker chips then, as you say, one of those fiskars ones will work fine.

I'd source the chips first, then find a punch that will cut the appropriate circle circle, then design the images.

I notice that someone has already done this
you should GM them maybe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.