$30.00
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But he never did.

He built projects that benefit him, and no one else.

Donald Trump ranks right along with all the scum bag developers who are destroying our nation. We used to own houses with a front porch, but it was developers who took that away. Think about that. The front porch is the gateway for you to interact with your neighbors, and people like Donald Trump took that away from us all. If you do not believe it, take a look at the Trump Tower plans in NYC on 5th Ave. Look at it.

Developers like Donald Trump are not leaders, they are leeches. They will say anything you want to hear in order for you to buy their product. They will make outrageous claims that seem too good to be true. They will claim that the status quo is some how the evil thing that you should be against.

I have never seen a more hateful speech by the Republican Nominee for President. Ever.

Donald Trump is not the superman, he is merely the poser.

Go ahead, punk. Vote for the poser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot this one thing:

Mike Pence is a dork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:
... We used to own houses with a front porch, but it was developers who took that away. Think about that. The front porch is the gateway for you to interact with your neighbors...

Disagree. The free market took front porches away. The 1920s bungalows that had front porches as a usual feature had them because no other entertainment was available besides talking to your neighbors, and the only way to cool down after a hot day was to sit outside on the porch. And that porch was relatively quiet.

For the last fifty years or so, we've preferred to "cocoon" and sit on the couch watching the idiot box. Home design has reflected this. Now we have family rooms, media rooms, and even game rooms, where we can hide in air conditioned comfort from over-bred, yippy dogs; trucks and motorcycles modified or designed to make too much noise; people playing music too loud (always the kind you loathe); jets and helicopters flying around; etc. (To be sure, some of this is because of the fall of the front porch "society" so we no longer know and respect out neighbors.)

This is the free market in operation. Nothing else. And while Trump has sold his name to brand some residential properties, holding him responsible for the whole residential real estate market gives him a lot more credit (or blame) than he's due.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

The more of these tantrums your nutters throw, the more it makes me think about voting for Trump just to see you lose your shit if he becomes president.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:
I forgot this one thing:

Mike Pence is a dork.

Wait a min-it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I screened in my porch about 6 years ago. It's awesome. Everyone who comes over loves it. It has lead to many conversations sitting on the porch free from mosquitos as well as almost no mosquitos in my house any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
49xjohn wrote:

The more of these tantrums your nutters throw, the more it makes me think about voting for Trump just to see you lose your shit if he becomes president.

Same here. Except I live in a deep blue state so my vote doesn't matter. Really only people in Florida and Ohio matter. But can you imagine if we had a republican. President, Senate and house. The temper tantrums would be so epic.

Somewhere akin to permanent filibusters, refusing to put bills on the floor, not even entertaining judicial nominees and a near endless string of failed DOA votes to repeal Obama Care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Disagree. The free market took front porches away.

I'm certain it was the developers that offered up houses with no front porch, not the architects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:
But he never did.

He built projects that benefit him, and no one else.

Donald Trump ranks right along with all the scum bag developers who are destroying our nation. We used to own houses with a front porch, but it was developers who took that away. Think about that. The front porch is the gateway for you to interact with your neighbors, and people like Donald Trump took that away from us all. If you do not believe it, take a look at the Trump Tower plans in NYC on 5th Ave. Look at it.

Developers like Donald Trump are not leaders, they are leeches. They will say anything you want to hear in order for you to buy their product. They will make outrageous claims that seem too good to be true. They will claim that the status quo is some how the evil thing that you should be against.

I have never seen a more hateful speech by the Republican Nominee for President. Ever.

Donald Trump is not the superman, he is merely the poser.

All business endeavors are for gain! There is nothing wrong with doing business. It's what creates jobs, Trigglypuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
All business endeavors are for gain! There is nothing wrong with doing business. It's what creates jobs, Trigglypuff!

This is correct, however Architecture is a more public endeavor than most business, and as such, there is a certain responsibility to the public not to build crappy buildings. Firmitas, utilitas, and venustas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:
Diabolik771 wrote:

This is correct, however Architecture is a more public endeavor than most business, and as such, there is a certain responsibility to the public not to build crappy buildings. Firmitas, utilitas, and venustas!

Architecture also allows you to upgrade workers assigned to Alchemy to Scientific Method on the cheap. If he were to be able to build in that kind of efficiency to government, I'd be all for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.