Popular Tags: [View All]
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Calling all Spielfrieks! It's time to vote for the Meeples Choice Awards at the Yahoo User Group!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to let all Geek users know that we're beginning the Meeples Choice Award process on the Spielfrieks user group. Every year, we select the three games that we think are the best from the previous calendar year and we'll be doing it again for 2015. We've already chosen a group of 195 of last year's games to choose from and the first round of voting has begun.

There's exciting news this year, as Award-winning Game Designer, Master Coder, and Congenial Man About Town Wei-Hwa Huang has designed our very own voting application for us to use! It's slicker than snail snot, if I do say so myself. It's super easy to use and so much better than the methods we've used before. I completely describe how to use the new app in my opening announcement on Spielfrieks.

If you're interested in participating, come on over to Spielfrieks (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/spielfrieks/) and check out the Meeples Choice postings. If you're not a member of Spielfrieks, you can join us by sending an email to spielfrieks-owner AT yahoogroups DOT com. Thanks and I hope to see you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
larry

at this point in the spielfrieks history, i wonder if, the meeples choice award would be better served by and open group dedicated solely to the award? I know yahoo is dying and spielfrieks demise was solidified by the "closed" group mistake? So is there a better location for it at this point? a BBG guild, a new yahoo group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
mb
Voted. Long live Spielfrieks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.