Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Lopez
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like I once heard about a forum on BGG where one could find local players. However, I cannot find that forum now. Does it still exist? Did it ever? I moved Washington from Colorado nearly two years ago and am still struggling to find a new group (I had two good groups in CO). I'd love to find dedicated players for specific games, or just new people to meet at my FLGS (conveniently 5 minutes away). Any help?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's broken down by country and regions.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/82/boardgamegeek/game-gr...

Just head into the area relevant for you and look for established groups or create your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Freeman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend meetup.com as well, if you haven't tried already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the regional forums are for such big regions, a lot of local stuff is arranged by guild. (You can get to the guilds main page through Misc/Guilds on the main menu.)
A few places to try are below. Each of those pages has a section for Washington with individual guilds in that section.
https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/category/group/United%20Stat...
https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/category/region/United%20Sta...
https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/category/store/United%20Stat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the Misc menu at the top of the page.
Then: Find Users
Then: Find using Google maps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karl paulsen

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
How active is meetup.com around you? Here in the Chicago Area there are dozens of boardgaming groups that post on Meetup, both private home groups and those that meet at FLGS's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboard Conundrum wrote:
I'd recommend meetup.com as well, if you haven't tried already.

+1 to meetup, it's the absolute best way to find game groups. I've even used it to find game nights when traveling on business. You can also check out the refin sub-forums, but they can't match meetup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also [top menu] Misc. / [right column] Find Users / Find Gamers (w/ Google Maps) [users using the ZIP code system only]

International users: click on your national flag and fill in a city and/or county/province/department/etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lopez
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, everyone!

I have tried meetup in the past, and it has some useful stuff. I'll look at it again though. However, what I'm *really* interested in is finding gamers interested in specific games (in particular, Earth Reborn, 504, and, an oldie but sentimental favorite of mine, Anachronism). I swear that years ago I saw something somewhere with people talking about a place to find partners for specific games on BGG. I'll check the other BGG resources people have shared.

Thanks again. I really appreciate how helpful folks can be here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hovan
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I started a vary active game group now almost 6 years old by using the tools here. I looked up everyone within a 50 radius and sent them a geek mail. The rest just happened. Check one item off the bucket list - and active and fun game group that meets twice a month. We also game in each others' homes. Check out BoardGamers of Michiana.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1,000,000 to Meetup! I kept buying games and only had a once a month family game until I met some folks on Meetup. Now, I have a 1-2 times a week game with fellow fanatics. It also keeps me from having to buy so many games because we all take turns buying things. Also, check in with your local game/comic shop. They may have Saturday night board game night. All three stores in my town do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.