Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Kidder
United States
Martensdale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a used copy of GtR I.V. And am really pleased I have finally been able to get to play this elusive and fun game. Only five plays in but I have one question that I have not been able to find a thread answering (I'm sure it's out there but couldn't find it).

Anyway, the rules say that you you can only use an out of town sight on a turn where you have played two consecutive architects or carpenters. Now I think what it means is that you in effect have to 'spend' two consecutive actions to gain one for a building, but the rules also could read as as saying that as long as you have played two in a row that you can use one without having to commit both actions to it (you could in effect use the first architect to lay another foundation and the the second for the out of town foundation). So which reading is accurate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I think that's just a bit of awkward wording. Basically it costs double the actions, ie: two, to lay a foundation at an out-of-town site. These have to be within the same turn, I think maybe that's why they said two consecutive. It really should just be all about the number of actions you can perform in a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question about out of town building sites
Right.

One Architect/Craftsman action suffices to lay a foundation on an in-town site.

Two such actions are required to lay a foundation on an out-of-town site.

In either case, the laying of the foundation consumes the one or two actions (respectively), and these thus cannot be used for other purposes (e.g., to lay other foundations).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
So you need and Architect/Craftsman client to play with your role card - or two if you follow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
Tigrillo wrote:
So you need and Architect/Craftsman client to play with your role card - or two if you follow
Well, you only need one if you follow instead of thinking while somebody else leads.

Another possibility is for example having a building in play that allows you to play multiple cards of the same role to perform the connected action multiple times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:

Your wording makes me wonder if you are confused about the difference between following, leading and thinking. When you lead or follow a role, you play a role card and get to do the action for your role card and all the actions of your clients. When you think, you draw cards and still get to do all the actions of your clients.

You only need 1 client if you follow. You would need 2 clients if you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was also a case where someone could try to lay an out of site foundation via an Arch. + Craft action, or vice versa. No go.... it's gotta be 2 of the same, back to back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.