Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to shrink the shelf presence of the Big Box, so when I had a chance to grab a cheap base game I snapped it up. I got the Multilingual Edition (2011) with the Ticket to Ride-sized box, and gave the extra game away to a friend for him and his family to play. Everything fit really nicely inside the smaller box (Expansions 1-6 + Base Game); the only issue was organizing it with foamcore structures and other boxes to make it easy to pull out and play.

The only minor problem is I also picked up the extended board offered on Kickstarter, and this doesn't fit in the box (even though they SPECIFICALLY said it would when I asked Queen in the project comments...but I'm not bitter...), so I just keep that on the side...a minor issue, but I'm happy with the solution as it means I can keep the full game around without feeling guilty about the large box!

Now I just need to find time to try out all the expansions to justify the work!

Hope this is of help to anyone else thinking about doing something similar!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.