GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,283 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Volunteers for GAMMA.CON tabletop activities (Sep 17-18) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter T
msg tools
GAMMA.CON is a pop-culture event that's been held in Canberra over the last 4 years, in 2015 we had over 2,000 people attend. This year it is being held at the AIS over the weekend September 17-18. We are now looking for volunteers to help us with the convention, especially with tabletop activities such as:

* The board game area -- manage the tables and "loan" process for the boardgames provided by ThreeD6 and Guild.
* The "paint and take" event -- attendees can select a miniature, paint it and take it home. We may also have some boardgames set up so they can use the mini while playing the games.
* Manage the gaming groups that are demonstrating games such as 40K, etc.

If you are interested in helping, you can volunteer via our web site: https://gammacon.org.au/volunteer/

You can also contact me via tabletop@gammacon.org.au or comment below.

Finally, for a glimpse of what happens at the convention you can also check out the ABC feature from 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLYTZfESnN8

Thanks,
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Alexander
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
beef
badge
sack
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, I'd not actually heard of GAMMA. Are there going to be any tabletop retailers there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter T
msg tools
At the moment I know that Aetherworks from Sydney will be there as they are providing the Reaper minis for the paint & take. Both ThreeD6 and Jolt are thinking about it but at the moment I can't confirm them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.