Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the announcement from the latest GMT Newsletter.
-------------------------------
P500 Removal: Cactus Air Force

I'm just going to lead with the bad news. Designer Terry Simo has recently contacted us and explained that due to job constraints, he just can't commit at this point to a finish date on Cactus Air Force. He's going to keep working on it as time allows, but he feels uncomfortable having the game on P500 but really not having any idea when the development will be complete.

We appreciate Terry's candor and agree that for now, Cactus Air Force needs to come off the list. So, effective today, we are removing it and cancelling all P500 orders for it. When Terry and his team have it ready to go, we'll put it back on the list, and judging from the (1400+) order interest to date, it should get plenty of orders at that point and have a production slot very quickly.

-----------------------------------
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, man!
It seemed such a promising design.
I really hope he can put it back up again. But I totally understand being swamped by "real life" job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man that's a bummer. Of all the games I have on preorder that was the one I was looking forward to the most.
Hopefully Terry Simo will be able to get back to it sooner than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Basil Hilder KIA Lone Pine, Gallipoli
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I was really looking forward to this. The whole concept is terrific. Fingers crossed T-Mo will keep working on this without any pressure and it will return to the P500.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes unfortunately I got promoted at work and have even less time to pursue hobby designing. I had a surge of progress early spring but since then Zero! Which led to my decision this month as I don't know when I can get time to do so. Eagle of Lille took a bit more effort than expected but that product turned out really well IMHO. Cactus is the only game design I have in the quere so if and when I will continue working on it but when it hits P500 it will because it is ready to go to print without delay. I appreciate all the support and believe me I'd rather be working on this full time but until peace breaks out in the world my day and night job(as we've been flying night missions all month) is my focus.

Cheers,

T-Mo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo, hope it is NOT one of those promotions where your responsibilities double without a corresponding increase in authority.

All the best to you, plus a little occasional peace in your life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
T-Mo, hope it is NOT one of those promotions where your responsibilities double without a corresponding increase in authority.

All the best to you, plus a little occasional peace in your life.

I got the Authority and Responsibilities added but not any extra pay so about as bad. shake Although truth be told my position was supposed to be what it is now but was missing some of the authorities so I guess I had it good for a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
Hihihi... Stop that, I'm ticklish !
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad for us, but thank you for this honesty. I'm looking forward for when you'll be able to come back to us, and I hope I won't miss the reappearance of your promising project on the P500 roster.

Take care, and see you another time.

Regards,

Thomas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe mcgrath
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You chose a promotion at work over designing a game? Where are your priorities man?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
navigator37 wrote:
You chose a promotion at work over designing a game? Where are your priorities man?!

I defer any responses to these types of questions to my wife who demands I actually earn money than pursue artistic endeavors! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harper
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little over a year since this announcement came out. Terry, how does it look for resumption? Maybe not good, as Peace has not broken out in this world any more substantially in the past 12 months!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pavobueno wrote:
A little over a year since this announcement came out. Terry, how does it look for resumption? Maybe not good, as Peace has not broken out in this world any more substantially in the past 12 months!

Peace has definitely not broken out. I have been thinking of ways to streamline the game, some ideas coming from a design Pavlov's House on Kickstarter which has Opeational and Tactical elements occurring on different board panels. Surprisingly it is much harder to design a solo game then multiplayer. Or just surprising to me. Jeremy White, the designer of the Dambuster/Dolittle raids games does it right for solo as they are much smaller focused events. Cactus Air Force over those 3 months have 100s of pilots and planes to model besides the myriad of ships. So to answer your question; no tangible progress made but ideas floating around to improve what I wanted to do. I will let you know that if it goes back on P500, it will be 90% complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harper
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
pavobueno wrote:

Peace has definitely not broken out. I have been thinking of ways to streamline the game, some ideas coming from a design Pavlov's House on Kickstarter which has Opeational and Tactical elements occurring on different board panels. Surprisingly it is much harder to design a solo game then multiplayer. Or just surprising to me. Jeremy White, the designer of the Dambuster/Dolittle raids games does it right for solo as they are much smaller focused events. Cactus Air Force over those 3 months have 100s of pilots and planes to model besides the myriad of ships. So to answer your question; no tangible progress made but ideas floating around to improve what I wanted to do. I will let you know that if it goes back on P500, it will be 90% complete.

Thanks, Terry, for the quick response!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.