CitiesUP» Forums » General

Subject: Copy received - cubes "broken" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy just arrived but off the bat I am reluctant to open it due to the weird way the box was handled... It's a tough cardboard box surrounded by a sleeve with the games graphics on it.

Anyone have any play experiences yet?

UPDATE

So I opened the package anyway after reading comments on KS about broken wooden cubes and am sad to say I have the same problem going on.

The cubes aren't broken per se, some of them are glued together to form groups of 2 / 3 or 4. Some of these have come loose. The main problem now is that is is not really clear how many of these bigger buildings there are supposed to be in the game as the reference and sticker sheet does not correspond to the number of single cubes I have in the bag (especially the green ones).

It would be helpful if the designer could give a more comprehensive list here as to which sticker numbers (which have to be put on the buildings?) must be place on which cubes (colour and number of cubes please). Before I see this list I won't risk glueing cubes together only to find out later I made a mistake somehow...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spectacled Bear Games
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
publisher
Hello,
concerning the building tokens we have posted a blog entry https://www.spec-bear-games.com/blogs/news/building-tokens-s...

We are deeply sorry.

Jess & Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
The blog post is clear enough, it can happen no worries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk-Jan Mulders
msg tools
It's a minor issue, and can easily be fixed with glue, just as the blogpost says.

A few tips: the old glue comes of pretty easily. Almost as easy as removing a screen protector film from your phone.
Wood glue does not work well on the painted blocks. They seem to be fixed, but after dropping them 15 cm mine broke again.
Either use different glue, or use sanding paper to roughen up the blocks, or even remove the paint from the sides you want to glue. Or find another solution!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Shaerf
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
specbeargames wrote:
Hello,
concerning the building tokens we have posted a blog entry https://www.spec-bear-games.com/blogs/news/building-tokens-s...

We are deeply sorry.

Jess & Phil

Um. Where did it go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.