Subject: In which tile are traps placed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastiaan Benders
Netherlands
Amersfoort
None
flag msg tools
Maybe I'm getting this wrong, but here goes.

When you explore and flip a new tile with a black arrow, you draw an encounter card. Say it's a trap. It says to place it on the hero's tile.

So you go explore a new section of the cavern, and instead of finding something there, you find it in the old section!? I'm sorry I have to bother folks to ask this but it seems so illogical that I must. Please help, maybe I'm missing something!

Much obliged!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you have it right. Regardless of whether you explored a new tile or not, if the encounter tells you to place the trap on the hero's tile then that's where it goes.

Maybe your character luckily missed the trap the first time around, and now he/she is exploring a little bit more in the dark corners that were originally passed by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p y
Greece
Piraeus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to explain it to new players as "you also TRIGGER this trap"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calriel wrote:
It says to place it on the hero's tile.
As odd as that seems, the others have it right. The thing is, Encounter cards are also used if you DON'T explore, so the card can't say "on the newly explored tile". I mean, it *could*, there's certainly enough room on most cards, but they are trying to be as general as possible. You could always house-rule that traps are put on the new tile IF it's a black-triangle tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.