Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I have read the rules correctly, the sand Storm marker only goes up when a Sand Storm card is drawn. But there are only 3 cards in the deck. So unless you go through the deck (I went through it once and then another 3rd in a 2 player game) the marker will only ever move up 3 spaces.

Doesnt seem much risk of losing, but I think I must have missed other instances when the marker would rise?

What have I got wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are playing very well indeed it you win on one pass through the deck!

What difficulty level are you playing at and how many cards do you draw in Phase 2? Personally, I expect to go through the deck multiple times as a result of drawing multiple cards on each person's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you're playing correctly

You will always go through the deck at least once when playing, so any more than 3 cards could tip the balance in favour of the game. The highest I've got the marker up to is level 5, but that's mainly playing on 2-player novice/normal. We've found it's far more common to lose due to running out of sand markers, or someone running out of water, both of which are more likely as the marker goes up anyway.

If you're finding that you're winning too often, then just raise the starting point on the marker and I'm sure you will find it tougher. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FooFan wrote:
No, you're playing correctly

You will always go through the deck at least once when playing, so any more than 3 cards could tip the balance in favour of the game. The highest I've got the marker up to is level 5, but that's mainly playing on 2-player novice/normal. We've found it's far more common to lose due to running out of sand markers, or someone running out of water, both of which are more likely as the marker goes up anyway.

If you're finding that you're winning too often, then just raise the starting point on the marker and I'm sure you will find it tougher. ninja

Pretty much. I am going to do that to my copy of Forbidden Island as I've WON every single game and it has the same reshuffle rules for both the treasure and flood decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linc Whelan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you only drawing storm cards after each player has completed a set of actions?
Each player should draw the relevant number of storm cards after completing their four actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.