Popular Tags: [View All]
Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I mix the survivors from the expansions into the core game scenarios (and vice versa)?

What I'm asking is if that I can play with any survivor any scenario or are there some dependency?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not 100% certain but it sounds like you should be able to play any character in any scenario aside from two possibilities.

First, they have stated that there are some scenarios where certain player characters function as NPCs.

Quote:
"Bloodletting" (Scenario 2) features a non-player controlled Otis who knows where the important medical supplies for Carl are. Survivors will have to use Stealth again to navigate an overrun school, attempting to find the necessary supplies and a way out before the bell rings!
- from update 6

As that is the case and if you only owned the expansion and base game you'd have to be able to play characters from the base game in the expansion to play up to 4 (unless it's weirdly a 3 player max scenario), so I'd think it would be work the other way as well.

Secondly, IMO since there are certain scenarios with special rules (Rivals, Strangers, etc.) that there may be certain characters with abilities that may be more or less useful in a given scenario. But that is purely speculation on my part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nunesh wrote:
Can I mix the survivors from the expansions into the core game scenarios (and vice versa)?

What I'm asking is if that I can play with any survivor any scenario or are there some dependency?

One of the designers, Adam or Brady, told me in the comments that they are designing this game so that you don't *have* to play any specific survivors. It came from my swift apprehension of having the Governor be a playable character. I'm the type of gamer that always chooses the "good" route in games though. But I have a *huge* disgust in regard the Governor for his actions against Hershel and so I would *never* want him in my group. I instead asked for if he could be reworked to be a "rival boss" with a stat card similar to the ones in Myth. Maybe a big battle scenario where you fight against him with your team.

They replied: "Why not both? "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Sadler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nunesh wrote:

The game is designed to be completely flexible in this department: you can play as whoever you want!

Even that one example scenario where there's an NPC Otis: this is entirely for flavor purposes. You could use a different figure to represent Otis and play as the Otis survivor if you really wanted to And in that scenario, it's still 4 survivors (Otis is extra).

We wanted the expandability of this game to really highlight the diversity of characters in the show. So it's our way to encourage players to try out all kinds of different match-ups of survivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.