Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Grenier
United States
Shelbyville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone please run trough the changes in each print run of Le Havre? i.e. Were there changes to the rule book, components, etc.? I found a lookout games version I may make an offer on. Is it worth trying to find a Z-Man edition that includes the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Begy
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
I study games and gamers at the Technoculture, Art and Games research centre at Concordia University, Montreal.
badge
I hate bowling. It's just multiplayer solitaire.
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion is nice to have but definitely not essential. You used to be able to find it super cheap on its own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Snakes et Lattes
Canada
flag msg tools
Proudly Alphabetical since 1989!
badge
The Wish Swing from Nuit Blanche 2007
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasonbartfast wrote:
The expansion is nice to have but definitely not essential. You used to be able to find it super cheap on its own.

Agreed. I have Grand Hameau expansion but I have not yet used it, basic game is just fine.

As far as I know, the only change between editions is in the version of English. The Australian edition has many more instances of the letter "u" in the rules and in the components. All of the rest is the same.

One thing though - Grand Hameau comes with a corrected version of the Shipping Line card, which had errors on it in an early printing of the game. However, you don't need the new version. The Le Havre FAQ should cover off any issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.