$20.00
$60.00
Nat Li
msg tools
mbmb
I like to play with four people. But i also want a shot at winning. I wished there was an official variant to scale the game.

Anyways, how about if for 4 ppl the double spawn cards and necromancer cards Are reduced by 25%?

Please try and if you can tell me how it goes? I am gonna try too.

Alternately, if someones already tested this pls lemme know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mb
I assumed you just remove a spawn point, like how you'd add spawn points with more than 6 survivors. I'm not sure double spawns are adding many extra zombies (more moving them into unexpected places) but removing a spawn will give you fewer places to go, so you don't have to split up so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are lots of threads out there about different ways people have adjusted the spawn deck.

By far the easiest though, seems to be to play the game as it was designed - with 6+ characters. Either alternate between games who has 1, and who has 2, take 1 each, and pass the others round, or just go up to 8 if you have extra figures/dashboards, and add the spawn point as it says in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the idea I saw in another thread to give the survivors one extra action to make up for the 6 (or 8 once you get to yellow) actions that you're losing from the 2 missing survivors.

You could even give an extra at blue and an additional extra at yellow so that once you're in yellow, you have the same number of actions that you would have had, but I think that would be overpowered since you don't need to get as many good weapons as you would when you have 6 survivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
By far the easiest though, seems to be to play the game as it was designed - with 6+ characters. Either alternate between games who has 1, and who has 2, take 1 each, and pass the others round, or just go up to 8 if you have extra figures/dashboards, and add the spawn point as it says in the rules.

We tend to use the 'sidekick' method with 4 players, where each person has their own hero, then the other one or two are sidekicks, who are controlled by the group and can jump in anytime in the turn order to help out.

Alternatively, you could design your own scenarios with the intention of only playing with four. In that case, it's better that it's a little too hard than too easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
celdom wrote:
I assumed you just remove a spawn point, like how you'd add spawn points with more than 6 survivors. I'm not sure double spawns are adding many extra zombies (more moving them into unexpected places) but removing a spawn will give you fewer places to go, so you don't have to split up so much.

Outright removal of spawn points tends to imbalance scenarios; they are designed to have zombies in those places and removing them from an entire section of the map will probably make things too easy.

What you can do is pick one spawn point at random in each zombie phase (roll a die to choose one) and skip it. This way you have reduced spawns but the players can't plan for one section of the map being devoid of threats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
celdom wrote:

Outright removal of spawn points tends to imbalance scenarios; they are designed to have zombies in those places and removing them from an entire section of the map will probably make things too easy.

What you can do is pick one spawn point at random in each zombie phase (roll a die to choose one) and skip it. This way you have reduced spawns but the players can't plan for one section of the map being devoid of threats.

I like this idea - I was worried about the prospect of removing a spawn point outright- it makes it much easier to funnel survivors a certain way / avoid Necromancers slipping out before you get a chance to catch them. Having it random turn-by-turn would seem to reduce this a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
Please don't point that mouse at my face - it looks sharp ;-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
celdom wrote:

You can use the Rue Morgue Method for this:
-Assign each Spawn Token a number
-Each Spawn Phase: roll 3 dice, only the token with the shown number spawn.
-Necromancer Zones always spawn, as long the Necromancer is on the board
-When Necro-zones become permanent, assign them one of the numbers and roll one die more per spawn phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Li
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.