The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Painted Apocalypse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
In case you haven't seen these nice Apocalypse paintings already.

http://studiomcvey.highwire.com/products/the-others-7-sins

https://drdlpaint.com/2016/06/03/apocalypse/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warlock00 wrote:

I can taste all the colours of the rainbow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Wow! I'm a little shocked that a professional would just cram every primary on like that. I don't like it, but the detail is top notch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
Wow! I'm a little shocked that a professional would just cram every primary on like that. I don't like it, but the detail is top notch.

I don't think that's a professional painter. The other minis on his page are similarly unskilled in detail and color choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
McVey's work : Woah.

That other dude's painting : Meh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Dormammu wrote:
Dark63 wrote:

I don't think that's a professional painter. The other minis on his page are similarly unskilled in detail and color choice.

I wouldn't say he is unskilled in the detail department. Looking at several other pictures he definitely has good fading/gradient and shading. As for color choice, he is very heavy handed with those bright colors. For single minis that is probably not the best colors, but if these are going to be played I prefer brighter minis to darker ones on the battlefield since the details are easier to see against terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to be toxic but the second person could use a few more months to years of practice. They may also be painting quickly and needs to spend more time on them. The Rogland has them all on their Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=272179716216487&tsid=0...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Wang
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do like the green slime in the mouth though. But all the mishmash of colors don't really work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
I like painting #2. Seems like an amalgam of all 7 sins.

I also respect anyone with the time and patience to paint, and the courage to share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.