Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules show an example of a plane turning and then the template being reoriented as the plane turns back the opposite direction.

So can the template be picked up at any point such as multiple times during the same turn? If so, then could the same two marks be used over and over again for moving all of the plane's movement? Use non-adjacent marks for movement? If so, then does this mean that by choosing the correct repetitive or non adjacent marks that a plane will often be able to behave like other types?

I have not experimented with this since it just doesn't seem to be in the spirit of this quick tabletop game. Just curious.

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been curious about this myself. I tend to operate the planes as you describe but I always wonder if I'm cheating. It's all been solo so far but I'm glad you asked this. I, for interest, will sometimes have a plane use the tightest single tick-turn for all 4 or 5 ticks of its movement, which results in a tighter turn than simply making the tightest turn on the ruler using consecutive ticks. I'm not sure how I feel about that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"et son bucher se change en trone dans les cieux."
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

Dems da rules boys, dem's da rules. The instructions are pretty clear, you can move the turn template in order to use the same patch of it multiple times.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Nelson
msg tools
Yes, you can reposition multiple times. That means if you want to maintain a sharp turn, you can use the same section repeatedly.

All the performance rulers were drawn so the first 90° is a constant radius, so it's a perfect 1/4 circle. The ticks are an equal distance (though they may not align with 90°. The ticks don't start spreading apart until that 90° area, which is the tallest part of the ruler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.