Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Abstract Games» Forums » General

Subject: 2-player strategy abstract games Roots of Mali and Light of Dragons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really careful posting about games that I am involved with. I don't have all the BGG rules in mind what is allowed and what not. So I am not going to add any links to Kickstarter or website. If you are interested you can look these up.

Roots of Mali and Light of Dragons are both 2-player abstract strategy games set in a fantasy universe. Since the abstract gaming scene is rather small compared to other board games I thought I'd post in here and invite you to have a look at the games. They are both on Tabletopia and available as physical copy (Light of Dragons only, Roots of Mali in still in its funding phase).

This is what the setup looks like. Players compete with an army of creatures, represented by dice. There is no luck involved since you don't roll these. So in the end - like in most abstracts - it all comes down how well you play your strategy and what traps you can set to outwit your opponent.

Let me know what you think In the beginning we had a hard time approaching board gamers because everyone was expecting a dice chucker and was quite disappointed when they learned these are abstract games. Now we are going towards the abstract gamers to raise some awareness for the game concept behind Light of Dragons and Roots of Mali.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.