Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yanni Cooper
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I attack an opponent multiple times in a turn, can I steal a card with scout before each combat? This seems a little rough if they only have one card...I steal it before the first fight, and then if they spend any power, they get a card (assuming they lose) which I steal before the second fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taed Wynnell
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I additionally debated whether in that case you would take 2 cards before any combat starts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moisie wrote:
If I attack an opponent multiple times in a turn, can I steal a card with scout before each combat? This seems a little rough if they only have one card...I steal it before the first fight, and then if they spend any power, they get a card (assuming they lose) which I steal before the second fight.
Yes, Scout applies before each combat. Yes, it's rough, war isn't supposed to be friendly! :) (Which means, in that case, the opponent either spends enough that they know they're going to win, or 0.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules, Page 17:

Scout: Before you engage in combat, steal one of the opponent's combat cards at random and add it to your hand. You may do this once per combat, not once per unit.

Seems pretty clearly stated in the rules that this applies to each and every combat, not just your first in a turn. It can be powerful, but that is the point of special abilities. It is important for everyone to have enough combat cards in hand if they are going to be in range of someone on a rampage. Keep in mind that after the first combat that you win, you are going to have much less power available for the second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taed wrote:
I additionally debated whether in that case you would take 2 cards before any combat starts.

You only take one card immediately before each combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.