6 Posts

Tail Feathers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Swoopattack and attack from leafs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Bergmark
msg tools
Three questions.

1. Is it possible to perch on an enemy tree, and under next turn prepare for flight and make a swoopattack on the enemy nest after when taked off (i.e. perched but prepared for flight on a space adjacent to the nest).

2. I walk with three squads onto a leaf. With one of the squad figures cut the leaf, they sail in the wind. If getting in shooting range to another enemy figures (figures on another tree, leaf or a bird). May I attack with the two other squad figures? If so, is this possible while traversing, or only after when the leaf stopped moving?

3. In the final phase, may I use the two above squad figures on the released leaf (If I have not used their normal attack manouever) to attack an enemy in shooting range?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Swoopattack and attack from leaves
Here are my in no way official answers.

1. yes

2. Depends, a figure only attack when it is activated, if you activated it during that turn to move than it cannot fire. I usually move most of the people onto the leaf during one turn and then when I move that last one on the next turn the rest can still attack.

3. no

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Bergmark
msg tools
Thanks for your reply.

Though in question number 2. It is quite foggy, as of while the leaf is flying, it almost seems this is still the movment phase of the activation phase (though one figure has finished its normal attack by cutting the leaf), the rest still have their normal attacks free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah i interpret the rules to be you activate a figure completely in sequence, you don't move them all then attack with them all. You activate a figure and do any moves or attacks and then move on to the next figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Bergmark
msg tools
Thanks for your reply!

I undestand what you mean using two different units, but if you are using a squad, I think it is possible to do it in one turn without having any figures on the leaf.

Taken from the rulebook:
Perform the following steps in order for the activated unit:
1. Move the activated figure(s)
2. Scurry OR Attack with the activated figure(s)
3. You may Revive defeated figures if you choose

If interpret it correctly, you do move the figures in a squad first, then you choose to attack or scurry with the figures.
So in this case, you may move 3 figures in the unit to the leaf. Now you have finished the step 1 of the activation phase. Next, you choose which figures you attack with, so in this case you choose one figure to cut the leaf loose, replacing its attack/scurry. Then you may use the other figures to attack. The question then (if this would be the right way, but I'm still unsure officially), when under the leafs movement can I attack?

Note though, this would not work if using other units with single figures, as you move a single unit (1 figure) on the leaf and then end its turn, and activating the next unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Liu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vantskruv wrote:
If interpret it correctly, you do move the figures in a squad first, then you choose to attack or scurry with the figures.

This is the correct interpretation so yes... after you get your squad figures on the leaf, use 1 figure to cut the leaf and then the others may attack.

I'm not 100% sure, but I always played it such that cutting the leaf and the leaf's movement was all one connected action so I don't think you should be able to attack with your other squad figures until the leaf stops its initial movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.