Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Willcock
United Kingdom
Flintshire
flag msg tools
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
So as title states, which one should i get first?

Gates of Arkham sounds great... but Unseen Forces came out first.... ao should i get that one first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unseen Forces was the one I was advised to get
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansions all expand the base game, but don't work with each other so much. So you should just go straight to what interests you most.

Elder Sign: Unseen Forces is a "more of the same" expansion with a few new tricks (redesigned entrance, blessings/curses).

Elder Sign: Gates of Arkham introduces the "face-down adventure" mechanism, as well as the titular gates, and makes the game a lot more challenging.

Elder Sign: Omens of Ice has storms instead of gates, and a more programmed adventure sequence to create a coherent story and difficulty arc.

Elder Sign: Grave Consequences is a mini-expansion in three modules that can work with any of the above. But it's really icing on the cake, and if you're eager to expand, you'll probably want one of the "proper" expansions first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre C
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gates of Arkham or Omens of Ice before the other two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Brien
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gates of Arkham is essential and the best way to play. However, it contains elements that are only in Unseen Forces(Cursed/Blessed die). I would suggest getting both for the full experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Willcock
United Kingdom
Flintshire
flag msg tools
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers everyone, looks like i will take your advice Tom and purchase both of them at the start of the month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.