4 Posts

Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bandit Hideout Attacks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Hemmer
msg tools
Hello all,
Just got The Long Night and am confused a bit about the Bandit Hideout. I understand the special rules for attacks, but does that mean you can't perform a normal attack at the bandit hideout? If you want to get rid of a zombie you would need to use a special ability or something like that because a normal attack isn't possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can still do a normal attack, it's just that you can use an attack action to try to get cards from the hideout. It's an option in addition to regular attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm not sure, but the way I was reading the Bandit Hideout card, when you perform a Search or Attack Action (spending a die), you perform the intended action and roll on the correct table. thus; if you attack (a zombie or bandit), after the attack you then roll on the "attack" table to see if you find anything or if you get clobbered!
in my opinion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The action you speak of is only if you want to search the hideout for cards or attack the bandits for even more cards but more risk as well. You can still fight zombies like normal if you chose and it would be a different move. Think of it like attacking a zombie vs attacking another survivor. Only instead of another survivor you are attacking the hideout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.