Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle» Forums » News

Subject: Starter deck and character info rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Starter deck and character info:

http://usaopoly.com/blog/harry-potter-hogwarts-battle-deck-b...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron and Stephanie Richardson
United States
Lake St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. Looking forward to this game more and more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanessa Lopez
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that it's a licensed product, so they're limited to using pictures from the movies. I just wish the artwork had been by an illustrator, with beautiful, colourful drawings. The stock photography from the movies is underwhelming. It just feels blah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickon V
United States
Dover Foxcroft
Maine
flag msg tools
This looks excellent! Maybe a game my wife will finally play with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the movie stills look pretty good. Not "great" (I'd prefer art/illustrations as well), but still fine.

Sometimes photos/stills can look very cool and work well, ala Battlestar Galactica:

but usually illustrations are still way better, ala Star Wars: Rebellion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mamapapillon wrote:
I understand that it's a licensed product, so they're limited to using pictures from the movies. I just wish the artwork had been by an illustrator, with beautiful, colourful drawings. The stock photography from the movies is underwhelming. It just feels blah.

agree not a fan of photos in my games. although it is far cheaper to use movie stills than an artist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gemmer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mamapapillon wrote:

Also very odd to me that they're using year 1 pictures in a game about the year 7 books. It seems to me that they should have used some later pictures.

But the description of the game is intriguing. I'm desperate to find a game that my wife will want to play and she's a sucker for HP. I'm just hoping that the game is good enough to interest me as well. Big Book of Madness was a major miss for both of us, and I don't want to repeat that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the chandrian wrote:
mamapapillon wrote:

Also very odd to me that they're using year 1 pictures in a game about the year 7 books. It seems to me that they should have used some later pictures.

But the description of the game is intriguing. I'm desperate to find a game that my wife will want to play and she's a sucker for HP. I'm just hoping that the game is good enough to interest me as well. Big Book of Madness was a major miss for both of us, and I don't want to repeat that.

I think that the later "years" feature stills from those movies. One of the publisher provided pictures from 2-3 months ago shows a picture of Malfoy where it's clearly around Year 6-7.

EDIT: Found it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zordren wrote:
I think the movie stills look pretty good. Not "great" (I'd prefer art/illustrations as well), but still fine.

Sometimes photos/stills can look very cool and work well, ala Battlestar Galactica:

Usually, yes. But have you seen some of the illustrated art for Legendary: Firefly? Some of it is fine, but most of it is gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
Zordren wrote:

Usually, yes. But have you seen some of the illustrated art for Legendary: Firefly? Some of it is fine, but most of it is gulp

Sorry that art is lame, but I really did not like that TV show and don't/won't play any of the related games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.