$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Project: ELITE» Forums » General

Subject: Can we get updates....ever? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Rhoades
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
The designers for this are the worst giving any kind of updates. I have literally posted on Facebook and emailed to get SOME idea of a ship date or where they're at in the process. If they have someone in charge of media they're shirking their duties and if they don't have one they need to. Isaac Childress gives updates regularly even if it's just to say not much this week. This is the last game from Artipia I will Kickstart.yuk
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh. There was an update just under two weeks ago giving shipping time frames. US backers are having their games shipped "within the next 3 weeks" from that update. So they should start shipping sometime next week.

Why do we need extra updates saying "yep, still shipping next week?"

I do not understand why people back Kickstarters and become like needy boy(or girl)friends that need to be told what is happening constantly.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea they should post an updating saying nothing has changed at least 7 times a week...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko B
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Comment section:

Artipia Games Creator about 22 hours ago

Only Drawlab Entertainment will be attending GenCon. We are moving forward with the packing. In addition, the Alien Pack (Stretch Rewards) will not be available for sale at GenCon on purpose.

We will post an update with further information early next week. Thank you
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S.
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think I'm weird, please, but I actually have enjoyed this delay. I've had tons of other games hit the table while pretty much forgetting about Project: Elite, then I'm reminded it's coming soon and the excitement builds up for a cool minis game I've much looked forward to. I'm sure this approach is not for everyone but it's been working for me .
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Under normal circumstances I have to agree that multiple updates just to say "everything is on track" are kind of pointless. But in Project: Elite's case, with the whole kerflufle over the quality of the miniatures, Artipia's need to go back and re-do everything, and the prolonged delay in product delivery, I think it would have been prudent for them to be a bit more pro-active and have provided more frequent updates to keep nervous customers placated.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Lancer4321 wrote:
Under normal circumstances I have to agree that multiple updates just to say "everything is on track" are kind of pointless. But in Project: Elite's case, with the whole kerflufle over the quality of the miniatures, Artipia's need to go back and re-do everything, and the prolonged delay in product delivery, I think it would have been prudent for them to be a bit more pro-active and have provided more frequent updates to keep nervous customers placated.

Overall, perhaps. But recently they are doing fine. We know the schedule. If it's delayed, hopefully they tell us ASAP. Otherwise, why worry?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Rhoades
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Probably because we threw down our hard earned cash on gamble of a good game and once the checks are cashed they go off/behind schedule which already is a cause for concern. I mean, they set their own time line and can't stick to it?? Plus after the mini debacle with this game in particular lots of people were looking for their money back. 1-2 times a month isn't asking a lot especially if you have people dedicated to media relations and I'd they don't, they should. Isaac Childress updates Gloomhaven weekly it seems. And that update they gave said they'd be back in a week or so to give a more firm time frame for shipping and here it is 2 weeks later and all I hear is crickets. Very responsible.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TinyMonster wrote:
Probably because we threw down our hard earned cash on gamble of a good game and once the checks are cashed they go off/behind schedule which already is a cause for concern. I mean, they set their own time line and can't stick to it?? Plus after the mini debacle with this game in particular lots of people were looking for their money back. 1-2 times a month isn't asking a lot especially if you have people dedicated to media relations and I'd they don't, they should. Isaac Childress updates Gloomhaven weekly it seems. And that update they gave said they'd be back in a week or so to give a more firm time frame for shipping and here it is 2 weeks later and all I hear is crickets. Very responsible.
I don't think out of 50 or so KS I have backed that I have gotten more then 3 on time.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Rhoades
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Which is some BS.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you understand what a Ks is, it's not a preorder of a already completed game. Things happen, like extra unplanned sg's. Problems with manufacturing, people making it get sick or they just aren't experienced enough to know what they are getting into. It's not going to change, you might want to just stick to normal retail outlets if you can't handle those things.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Rhoades
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I know what KS is but thanks for being a condescending douche about it. I know things happen and deadlines get moved. And if this was Artipias first game I'd be more inclined to forgive. But just like Cool Mini or Not they've done multiple KS for Zombicide games and haven't delivered one on time. Don't you think they should have learned from the first 3 or so?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TinyMonster wrote:
I know what KS is but thanks for being a condescending douche about it. I know things happen and deadlines get moved. And if this was Artipias first game I'd be more inclined to forgive. But just like Cool Mini or Not they've done multiple KS for Zombicide games and haven't delivered one on time. Don't you think they should have learned from the first 3 or so?
LOL wow, wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? So you understand how everything works you just don't like it? What's it like being royalty in North Korea? If you walk into a store that doesn't have automatic doors, do you throw a fit there as well. because you shouldn't have to open a door? And the funny thing is you don't actually understand. Things go wrong, and you can't plan for them all the time. Something goes wrong in a factory, how do you plan for that, an key employee gets sickm other other things? But don't worry your highness, you will get your toys, and I am sure they are reading your post now and realizing how upset you are and planning on just how to committee suicide to make it up you. Feel better yet champ?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
I don't think out of 50 or so KS I have backed that I have gotten more then 3 on time.


I always add 6 months on to the eta (I know they're forced to predict something when they start the KS) - more backers = more time as far as I'm concerned.

After 3 months I'd be worried if I didn't have some updates at least.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Rhoades
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
So I will get my toys? How do you know did you get an update? *drumroll*
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
TinyMonster wrote:
Probably because we threw down our hard earned cash on gamble of a good game and once the checks are cashed they go off/behind schedule which already is a cause for concern. I mean, they set their own time line and can't stick to it??

Actually they did meet their schedule.

But no one liked the minis they produced, so they remade them. This began an entire part of the production cycle over from scratch. And that doesn't mean from manufacturing; it means from test runs. They had to experiment with no materials, get samples, check them for approval, redo ones that didn't work. All that nonsense takes time and happens before they start producing figures.

And you say you want 1-2 updates per month when they sent out a major update 2 weeks ago plus comments updates within the last couple days.

You seem very angry and I can't tell why. You'll get your game. Patience is a virtue.

TinyMonster wrote:
So I will get my toys? How do you know did you get an update? *drumroll*

I think you mean *rimshot*.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Rhoades
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
No I meant drumroll because most people dont know what a rimshot is.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TinyMonster wrote:
No I meant drumroll because most people dont know what a rimshot is.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.