Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My intuition says that a unit has to change its facing by at least 90 degrees in order to Flee from an enemy engaged in its front. In the rules i am finding only this mention of an initial facing change when fleeing:

"In this case [a unit becomes Fleeing], the unit will change its status to Fleeing and it will make a Reduced Movement turning around, and it will have to recover as usual."

i interpret that to mean that the newly-fleeing unit changes its facing 180 degrees from the cause of its morale check, without rotating the card (because rotating would necessarily collide with the enemy in most cases). The Retreat action specifically allows for turning as if no enemies are in contact, so is it safe to assume that the same applies when getting the Fleeing status (an uncontrolled retreat)?

:-?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
onus game
msg tools
Hi Stephen,

Let´s imagine that the unit is facing North and the other unit is in front of us. We fail the Morale Check and we flee.

We turn the unit completely so it faces South and then makes a Reduced Movement, supposing no other unit is blocking the path

There is no collition with the attacker. Soldiers just turn around and flee. It is like changing the card facing instantly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
onusgame wrote:
Soldiers just turn around and flee. It is like changing the card facing instantly.

That's not consistent with what's illustrated in the top figure on p. 34.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I'm missing something, but it appears to be exactly consistent with the top illustration on p. 34.

The unit is facing the top of the page, and the enemy is directly in front of it. The retreat path is directly away from the enemy, passing through the unit behind the retreating unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.