United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a disappointment
I rarely will write a negative review, but I can hardly think of a game more deserving right now. While I love the design and artwork on the cards, the mechanics completely fall flat. This game was an excruciating 3 hours to play with very little excitement. This is a shame since I love the medieval period. I wanted to like this game so bad, but the reality is that it is a flop. There are very little penalties in this game for losing battles or crusades, and when you try to hurt another player, it actually does very little, and it is easily overcome anyway. A very one-dimensional game. I feel guilty having bought it at all. A true waste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:What A Disappointment!
Three very basic things the designer missed out in the original rule book:

* No player can have more than 4 cards at any one time (thus limiting the trading of cards exceeding that limit)
* Deu Ex Machina card cannot be played to negate map and power cards (thus limiting its very use)
* Making deals of cards among players can be made at any time as a basic game premise.

Beware of these actual holes. It almost makes the game all over again. Even the first one is not included in the latter updated rules summary, but could only be obtained after browsing all the discussion board threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fairman
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Berg being Berg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.