Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had Card Modification Marker (Ongoing: You may have exactly two cards in your deck and tableau with the same name.) accessory, then I played EXP Factory Worker (Ongoing: Your other cards from into play with a +1 STAR Token on them.), then another EXP Factory Worker on my next turn. Obviously the second one came into play with a +1 token.

My question: does every card I play next come into play with two(2) +1 markers or just one(1)?

Do the two EXP Factory Worker cards stack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
I would say yes.

Of course, they trigger separately and you get both rewards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hai Kulture
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
Shunning Bandersnatches Daily
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup - Unleash the Stars!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
grasa_total wrote:
I would say yes.

Of course, they trigger separately and you get both rewards!

I think you're incorrect on how this plays out tho.

EXP Factory Worker (Ongoing: Your other cards from into play with a +1 STAR Token on them.),

Both cards trigger, but they both set the number of +1 star tokens on new cards to 1. Net result is that each card ends up with 1 +1 star token.

If they wanted it to do what you'd say, they would have said something like "Add +1 star token to each card when played".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verret
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alenen wrote:

If they wanted it to do what you'd say, they would have said something like "Add +1 star token to each card when played".

Valid statement, but Kyokai (the designer of the game) gave 1 GG to the 3 other answers, so I assume they are right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin OKeefe
United States
Tinton Falls
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flagdan wrote:
alenen wrote:

Valid statement, but Kyokai (the designer of the game) gave 1 GG to the 3 other answers, so I assume they are right.

Seems like a safe assumption!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Classic CCG logic sadly doesnt always work with this game, though chris' answer makes a lot of sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
Classic CCG logic sadly doesnt always work with this game, though chris' answer makes a lot of sense.

yeah - In other CCGs, my explanation is how it would work. But if Kyokai says it's otherwise, then it is what it is. Are there other cards with these types of enter-play effects in MB?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I see Chris' point but I would have played this as each card then gets (2) +1 star tokens. Definitely not ideal wording. Hopefully this can be one of the erratad cards in the new KS campaign... as the current wording is pretty bad either way
"cards from into play"? whistle

(not being critical of L99 here as proofing this number of cards would be daunting... but this one is pretty silly)

As for other cards with similar effects... closest I could find is cards like captain airlock (from galactic caboose) or mechanic (from neuroshima hex) but that is a next effect and very clearly states numerous tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be the "from into play" is my copying of a typo earlier in the thread. I don't think the card actually says that. Apologies for any confusion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eflin wrote:
Interesting. I see Chris' point but I would have played this as each card then gets (2) +1 star tokens. Definitely not ideal wording. Hopefully this can be one of the erratad cards in the new KS campaign... as the current wording is pretty bad either way
"cards from into play"? whistle

(not being critical of L99 here as proofing this number of cards would be daunting... but this one is pretty silly)

As for other cards with similar effects... closest I could find is cards like captain airlock (from galactic caboose) or mechanic (from neuroshima hex) but that is a next effect and very clearly states numerous tokens.

Isn't the fact that other cards state that they're adding tokens proof that EXP factory worker functions differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alenen wrote:
It might be the "from into play" is my copying of a typo earlier in the thread. I don't think the card actually says that. Apologies for any confusion

Ahh gotcha. I just saw both you and Asmor's spreadsheet of all cards said the exact same thing... and I don't have the game near me... so I assumed it was the actual card text (as specific card text is very important for questions like this).

I'll assume it says "comes into play" then.

alenen wrote:
Isn't the fact that other cards state that they're adding tokens proof that EXP factory worker functions differently?

Yes it does... but unfortunately this first edition of the game has plenty of templating/terminology goofs so it would not be surprising to me if this is another case. In most CCG I have played if 2 cards like this where in play it would function that each triggers and new cards would get (2) +1 star tokens. But your interpretation is 100% correct for what the card actually says. So hopefully L99 can confirm one way or the other.

This is why I am pumped they are fixing some of the worst offenders for the set rotation expansion. Unfortunately many others though will have to wait for a second edition... not the second printing. (For example all instances of in play should say in tableau per L99 confirmation... but I doubt those are addressed until the second edition). If this is one of them I bet it falls in the won't be fixed category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.