Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Thompson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I feel dumb for having to ask these questions, and I am assuming that these answers are in the rules SOMEWHERE, but I cannot find them for the life of me. And after having watched Rodney's video 3 times now, and Jamie's own video twice, and read the rules, I am at a loss how I don't know this stuff already.

Anyway, my questions:

1. Do characters move the same way mechs do?

2. When you deploy a mech and gain an ability, does that pertain just to mechs, or everyone? Meaning, when I deploy the Speed mech, do my workers and character get the ability to move one more space?

3. What happens to an opponent's building when I control the space it is built upon? Just found a topic about this with a misspelling in the title which is why I missed it in a search.

Again, sorry for being a dope. Thanks for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rule book with me to quote, but:
NaptownMVP wrote:
1. Do characters move the same way mechs do?
Yes.
NaptownMVP wrote:
2. When you deploy a mech and gain an ability, does that pertain just to mechs, or everyone? Meaning, when I deploy the Speed mech, do my workers and character get the ability to move one more space?
All of your mechs and your character get the ability, but not your workers. In order for workers to take advantage of the upgraded movement abilities, a mech must transport them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Watkins
United States
flag msg tools
Your Character and Mechs share upgrades, the only difference between their movements is that mechs can pick up and move workers. Workers movement is never upgraded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason: There's also a reference card (1 per player) in the box that should help:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Thompson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the responses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding question 2: if you look at your faction board, above the spaces describing your various mech abilities, you will see two symbols. One represents your Mechs and one your Character; these are reminders that the abilities gained from deploying Mexhs apply to both your Character and Mechs.

I have found the boards are filled with useful little graphic mnemonics like that which make teaching the game easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.