Subject: Do Zombies Retarget While Moving? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tod Wood
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
This is a question we have been trying to figure out during games when we are trying to manage the behavior of Zombies, using some figures to lure them in specific directions. For example, if I have multiple heroes at the end of a road that a Zombie is on, that Zombie will move towards them. However, what if those zombies are runners whose first step takes them next to a cross street (or open door) where another hero is standing to the side of their pathway (just one space away)? Does the Zombie retarget on that closer character or continue forward with their move action. Even more complicated.... What if my group made a lot of noise at the end of that same road and then moved out of sight. During a runner's movement down the road towards the sound, would the runner change direction to enter a cross street (or room) where a hero could be seen along this pathway?

Thanks for any help on this. My family is sure loving this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
starflier23 wrote:
This is a question we have been trying to figure out during games when we are trying to manage the behavior of Zombies, using some figures to lure them in specific directions. For example, if I have multiple heroes at the end of a road that a Zombie is on, that Zombie will move towards them. However, what if those zombies are runners whose first step takes them next to a cross street (or open door) where another hero is standing to the side of their pathway (just one space away)? Does the Zombie retarget on that closer character or continue forward with their move action. Even more complicated.... What if my group made a lot of noise at the end of that same road and then moved out of sight. During a runner's movement down the road towards the sound, would the runner change direction to enter a cross street (or room) where a hero could be seen along this pathway?

Yes, this is why Runners and Crowz are defined differently. Where Crowz have only 1 Activation, they can move 3 spaces during that Activation. Therefore, they do not re-target. They simply move their 3 or less spaces, and once they move, cannot attack.

Runners however do not have 2 movement, they have 2 Activations with 1 movement. So they Activate once, move/attack 1... then activate a second time, move/attack. So a Runner could very well change it's target location as a result of line of sight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mb
starflier23 wrote:

in this situation - no, because if zombie see 2 groups of survivors he goes to the nosiest group, regardless of distance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Griner
United States
Byron
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Black Lantern Leslie Nielsen is going to tear out your heart for Necron!!
mbmbmbmbmb
starflier23 wrote:
This is a question we have been trying to figure out during games when we are trying to manage the behavior of Zombies, using some figures to lure them in specific directions. For example, if I have multiple heroes at the end of a road that a Zombie is on, that Zombie will move towards them. However, what if those zombies are runners whose first step takes them next to a cross street (or open door) where another hero is standing to the side of their pathway (just one space away)? Does the Zombie retarget on that closer character or continue forward with their move action.

I agree with Sergei; The runners would head to the zone with the most noise: The group of survivors down the street (Remember that each survivor counts as a noise token).

If there were more survivors down the alley, the zombies would go after them.

And if there were an equal number of survivors down the road and in the alley (both groups the same distance away), the zombies would split.

starflier23 wrote:
Even more complicated.... What if my group made a lot of noise at the end of that same road and then moved out of sight. During a runner's movement down the road towards the sound, would the runner change direction to enter a cross street (or room) where a hero could be seen along this pathway?

The answer would be yes, because Line of Sight trumps noise. No amount of noise will deter them from going after the lone survivor they can see.

If one of the hiding survivors had chosen to stay behind to draw the Runners attention, the Runners would then go towards the noisiest zone, like what Sergei said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Wood
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks for the response! Okay, I now understand how to correctly move runners in this situation (as they are actually engaging in multiple actions). However, what about the Berzerker Abomonation - who actually moves two zones during a single action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.