Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In solo (and I guess MP), the rules says if we take another player's skill from the common pool, we must take the bottom Advanced Skill card. What if we take one of our own from the pool?

We can draw two, pick one, put the other in the pool.
Or we draw two, pick none, take one from the pool. If another player's skill (in solo the AI Dummy), we have to take the bottom AS card. But what if we take one of ours we put there on a previous turn?

Not lawyering, but since it clearly says "another" it leads to two "logical" (joke) conclusions.

1. We can take our own and take any card.
2. We can never take one of our own (but why put in the common pool for solo if we can never take it?)

or

3. It's a typo and taking any skill from the pool forces the last AS card to be taken.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It's number 2. You can never take you're own token from the common area, whether playing MP or solo. (Reference: Walkthrough Book, page 18, center column: "... cannot choose a Skill of their own that they previously chose not to take.")*

As I didn't infer anything from the "Dummy Player" rules that changes the above, is why I don't even bother putting my discarded Skills Token in the Common area when playing solo. I just return them upside down to the bottom of my Skills Token stack (randomly stacked during set-up).

* It's odd that in some cases, the Walkthrough book seems to be more thorough/detailed than the "Full" Rule Book!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

It's number 2. You can never take you're own token from the common area, whether playing MP or solo. (Reference: Walkthrough Book, page 18, center column: "... cannot choose a Skill of their own that they previously chose not to take.")*

As I didn't infer anything from the "Dummy Player" rules that changes the above, is why I don't even bother putting my discarded Skills Token in the Common area when playing solo. I just return them upside down to the bottom of my Skills Token stack (randomly stacked during set-up).

* It's odd that in some cases, the Walkthrough book seems to be more thorough/detailed than the "Full" Rule Book!

I misremembered it saying that in the solo section. The section on levelling up referred to putting your two in the offer... which you can still do, but the other rule prevents you from ever taking yours. That sucks, I need to be the other way or I cannot kill that starbase!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.