GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,060 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Among the Stars» Forums » General

Subject: Question about the "Miniatures Pack"... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game comes with 8 alien races (if memory serves correct), and so does the miniatures pack. BUT, soon as you buy any of the expansions, new races are introduced. But they are not included in the miniatures pack, correct?

Seems a little strange to "expand" the universe and not match it with appropriate minis if gamers want. Otherwise the AtS universe is consistent; even New Dawn features the same, original 8 alien races.

Thoughts on this apparent oversight? Or are there minis for every alien race that I'm unaware of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that the sales of the first miniatures pack were only mediocre, so a 2nd miniature pack won't happen ... soblue

Eclipse: Ship Pack One suffers the same fate ... no pack 2 ... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Artipia Games designs more ambassadors for New Dawn, I would definitely be interested in miniature pack 2. New Dawn only comes with 8 ambassadors which means only 1 is not going to be used if played with 4. More variation would be nice. At the moment, there are no gameplay features that would require more alien sculpts so I don't seem Miniature Pack 2 that necessary yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Pre-order 13 Ghosts today!
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment, the miniature pack can be used with New Dawn and AtS Revival. In both games, the races that can be represented by miniatures are the ones included in the Miniature pack. There will be another pack as soon as more of the races are used that way by those or other games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
There will be another pack as soon as more of the races are used that way by those or other games

cool Great news, Konstantinos!!! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.