4 Posts

A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game» Forums » General

Subject: A Touch of Evil vs Runebound 3rd Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know there's another Runebound thread, but that's 2008. Runebound 3rd Edition is even more streamlined, and I've only played that, and just recently played A Touch of Evil, and I found the similarity uncanny. You never really die (Except in final boss fights for Runebound), you run around, get allies, items, boost your stats up to prepare for the battle, and finally race to beat the final boss up in Competitive mode. Am I missing anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played 3rd edition, but in comparison with 2nd edition, I find the gameplay feels totally different from ATOE.

One of the differences is that Touch of Evil is fun and Runebound is not. laugh

I don't know what changed in the 3rd edition. If it was the overly complicated movement system, then maybe I should take another look at it. Otherwise, I'm a huge fan of ATOE, and will definitely stick with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald I
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I've just got Runebound 3rd edition and it is a very good game. It has some similarities with Touch of Evil (competitive mode) but in terms of theme and mechanics they are different. The only thing is that Runebound promises new expansions and ToE alas doesn't as the mighty flying frog is otherwise engaged.

Assuming circumstance allow I'd eagerly pay for any new additions to both. The world is a better place for having both games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually rather play AToE. I find it a great story experience and it plays in the same amount of time.

I was disapointed in Runebound 3rd. It's not a bad game, and it's a great improvement over 2nd edition, but it just didn't scratch the adventure itch for me.

Mind you...i still havn't played the necromancer, so maybe what it needs is some undead gothic fantasy horror to make it really shine. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.