$30.00
Mr. Goldfinger
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys does anyone know if the expansion minis are as much of a pain to put together as the base box? I did not enjoy putting the marines together in particular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Carter
msg tools
Depends on which expansions you get. I currently have three expansions; the power loader was a bit of a pain since there are only 3 small points of contact on the arms so you need a really strong quick drying glue, Alien warriors were about the same as gluing the Alien Stalkers, and Wayland Yutani Commandos are about the easiest to glue together although there is a small chance of breaking a gun in the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Maguire
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The aliens were definitely a pain. I had some trouble with the tails. Preds were a relative snap though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With good glue there's no trouble at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
This is just my opinion and I am a total newb at miniatures:

Powerloader
A real pleasure to assemble. Most of the points have really nice slots to glue in. The only tricky part is gluing on the upper torso "cage" and getting smaller points in.

Weyland Yutani Commandos
Overall, much nicer than the USCM especially since most of the commandos come with a single piece for two arms holding a weapon - less trickiness getting the left arm to glue to a hand and lined up. The smartgunner is a pain because part of the smartgun attaches to a gap in the waist.

Alien Queen
I wasn't pleased with the way the head, arms and legs fit - it's not so clear what their orientation is.

Alien Warrior
The tail doesn't have a nice rectangular hole to go into (compared to the Infants).

Predalien
Good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, which "good glue" are you using? I can see using CA for the slotted joints and some sort of epoxy for the "flat connection points". I just got a hobby version of a UV glue system, but have not tried it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use citadel thin super glue, it dries fast and strong. All of the minis will need to be washed first, before glueing, or the glue may not hold. Also dry fit everything first, I had to do a lot of filing and triming to get the pieces to fit smoothly / properly. The head on the Alien queen and the Crusher were the worst for that in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
More expansions:

Facehugges
No assembly or trimming required

Predator Young Bloods
Two of the fingers do not require any assembly.
The third figure is roughly the same as the core set Predators.
Minor trimming required.

USCM Sentry Guns
Easy. Minor trimming required. Each item has two pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.