Stronghold (2nd edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Silly Siege Tower question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Esa Seuranen
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I was planning on forthcoming onslaught (as invader) an noticed that gameboard has 6 siege tower slots on front of the 9 wall sections (and 2 of the 3 missing slot wall sections would definetily be placement for a siege tower)... furhermore if one assumes that slots do define the legal spots for siege towers, then there's some nice symmetry with respect to different sides of the fortress:
a) each rampart has one legal wall section for a siege tower
b) trapping either side completely siege tower free requires 3 traps... and one of them needs to be next to foreground.

I'm pretty sure there's no mention about wall section not being eligible for a siege tower... except the rather general concept that for a unit to be able to move there must be a free slot for it and the board do have the designate slots for trainings and equipments on each wall section and rampart.

=> So I guess siege towers can be placed only on the 6 designated wall sections?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been wondering the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems reasonable to me - otherwise what are those siege tower space for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would also like a ruling on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Burns
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just written to them on their site. I figured that it was an error in graphic design, because the rules don't mention any limitations and I can't figure why there would be any anyhow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they are legit only on these marked spots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:

1. is there any limit to how many siege towers is on one foreground? I guess NO since I can't find any rule preventing it from happening and there are no specific places to place them there.
2. can siege tower move on it's own if no other units are moved from where it stands?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donatello23 wrote:
trzewik wrote:

1. is there any limit to how many siege towers is on one foreground? I guess NO since I can't find any rule preventing it from happening and there are no specific places to place them there.
2. can siege tower move on it's own if no other units are moved from where it stands?

I would say
1 no
2 yes

No evidence to back it up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.