Stronghold (2nd edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Silly Siege Tower question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Esa Seuranen
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I was planning on forthcoming onslaught (as invader) an noticed that gameboard has 6 siege tower slots on front of the 9 wall sections (and 2 of the 3 missing slot wall sections would definetily be placement for a siege tower)... furhermore if one assumes that slots do define the legal spots for siege towers, then there's some nice symmetry with respect to different sides of the fortress:
a) each rampart has one legal wall section for a siege tower
b) trapping either side completely siege tower free requires 3 traps... and one of them needs to be next to foreground.

I'm pretty sure there's no mention about wall section not being eligible for a siege tower... except the rather general concept that for a unit to be able to move there must be a free slot for it and the board do have the designate slots for trainings and equipments on each wall section and rampart.

=> So I guess siege towers can be placed only on the 6 designated wall sections?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been wondering the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems reasonable to me - otherwise what are those siege tower space for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike van Veen
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would also like a ruling on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Burns
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just written to them on their site. I figured that it was an error in graphic design, because the rules don't mention any limitations and I can't figure why there would be any anyhow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they are legit only on these marked spots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.