Popular Tags: [View All]
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the days before Trump learned to require NDA's:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/donald-trump-threate...

No doubt some of you will consider Tony Schwartz a hypocrite. He earned a lot of money ghost writing this book and belong dragged along on Trumps coat tails (though one could argue his writing helped to tailor those coat tails). Why write such flattering platitudes without believing them? Maybe for the same reason advertisers earn billions "fluffing" mediocre products. Of course, back the 90's Mr. Schwartz likely didn't know he was laying the ground work for a presidential bid.

Since Trump doesn't have an NDA to lock this guy down, he must now resort to more old fashioned threats. Only time will tell if Mr Schwartz will stick to his guns or capitulate. Even if he would ultimately be vindicated in court over libel/slander accusations, defenses are expensive and it would hardly make him an attractive choice to ghost write for anyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
From the days before Trump learned to require NDA's:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/donald-trump-threate...

No doubt some of you will consider Tony Schwartz a hypocrite. He earned a lot of money ghost writing this book and belong dragged along on Trumps coat tails (though one could argue his writing helped to tailor those coat tails). Why write such flattering platitudes without believing them? Maybe for the same reason advertisers earn billions "fluffing" mediocre products. Of course, back the 90's Mr. Schwartz likely didn't know he was laying the ground work for a presidential bid.

Since Trump doesn't have an NDA to lock this guy down, he must now resort to more old fashioned threats. Only time will tell if Mr Schwartz will stick to his guns or capitulate. Even if he would ultimately be vindicated in court over libel/slander accusations, defenses are expensive and it would hardly make him an attractive choice to ghost write for anyone else.

Wonder if the pro-litigation is going to become a platform of the new Republicans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The party of free speech - litigating away dissent.

The threat was worded as if the onus was on Schwartz, but that's not how it works. The onus is on Trump to prove Schwartz is slandering him.

For public figures, the thresh hold is higher.

If his statements are untrue, I feel for Trump, but not so bad that I don't recognize how many times he has done the same to others.

Should they sue him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's not surprising. Litigation is one of the best tools for the aristocracy. They have more money and power and can outlast those who don't have the same.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-long-trail-of-litigation-...

The less power/money that person or company has, the more likely you can bend them to your will with litigation unless you get someone/organization to do it pro bono for you.

In this case, I'm guessing he'd have plenty lined up to help him out if Trump followed through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the interest of transparency perhaps we should call on Trump to issue a blanket lift of his NDA's so that folks who have done business with him are free to issue public comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
In the interest of transparency perhaps we should call on Trump to issue a blanket lift of his NDA's so that folks who have done business with him are free to issue public comment.

And we should ask him how things are going with the release of his tax returns. I'm SURE he's planning on releasing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.