Kevin M
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
It comes in pints? I'm getting one!
mbmbmbmbmb
I mostly play RA solo and it looks like this expansion doesn't really add anything/much to the solo game. The new classes sound interesting, though. Can those be used effectively playing solo? What else would I gain by getting this expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the new races effectively increase the solo options by 50% all by themselves, since each race really requires a distinct strategy. Also, the Mercenary cards add a lot of variety.

Scenario-wise, though, there's nothing to add to what's in the base game box: Cataclysm, Resurgence, and Monument (this last by fan variant). The Quest for Power scenario in the expansion is really cool, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion does add cards to change the Resurgence of the Dragonlords scenario into a co-op scenario. This makes Resurgence into a significantly more difficult solo game. Additionally, the new cards for existing factions and the new factions add to the replay value. There are no dedicated solo scenarios in the expansion, but there is still value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I don't use the added co-op cards when I play Resurgence solitaire. I think if you play them as written, it makes it nearly impossible solitaire, and the rules characterize them as being for multiplayer cooperative (as opposed to competitive) play, not solo. The solitaire scenario is well-defined in the base game, and the expansion says nothing about solitaire play of the Resurgence scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As said, the expansion adds 50% more player content. It's also pretty inexpensive (~$10). Worth the investment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
It comes in pints? I'm getting one!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like it's worth picking up, then. Thanks for the responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just agreeing with everyone else here. You can also fit the whole thing right into the core game box. Good value for solo or multiplayer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that O&A adds two brutal cards to each scenario. The Cataclysm is a lot harder with O&A than it is with just the base set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.