Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S S
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A while ago, I posted in the D-Day at Tarawa forum that I'd bought a copy from a fellow gamer that unfortunately turned out to be missing a counter. I was hoping someone might have a parts copy so I could obtain that counter. Fellow BGGer mjacobsca suggested that I reach Decision Games customer service directly.

I sent an email to Decision hoping they kept a stock of irregular counter sheets so the one counter I needed could be picked out and sent to me. I stressed that Decision was under no obligation to help me in my after-market private purchase.

Paige from Decision wrote back. She asked for details regarding which counter I needed, and she identified the correct counter sheet. Then she sent me the whole counter sheet at no cost, not even for shipping.

Thanks, Paige and Decision Games! I really appreciate the very kind and generous act. Decision lost some money but gained much respect and loyalty.

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I have not always been pleased with their products--Ticonderoga, anybody?--I have found their customer service to be excellent. When I picked up a copy of The Conquerors it was missing all of the counter sheets; but DG came through and shipped them to the Great White North.

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo Caraher
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well handled by Decision Games and a classy post acknowledging same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had nothing but top notch service from Decision Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin halloran
United Kingdom
carnforth
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have been unlucky. I emailed them in September 2012 asking if I could buy a replacement counter sheet for Chickamauga as mine was lost in transit. They never replied and after a couple of years I just binned the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
Kinston
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Odd question, but what does it mean when you "bin" a game? Boxing it up and forgetting about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
recon28501 wrote:
Odd question, but what does it mean when you "bin" a game? Boxing it up and forgetting about it?

Trash bin, throwing it away

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin halloran
United Kingdom
carnforth
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:
recon28501 wrote:

Trash bin, throwing it away

Exactly. Look, I didn't make a big thing out of this and didn't mention it for 4 years until this thread came up. I don't bear Decision any particular grudge but am simply stating a fact as I see it. Luckily (for me) these folio games are cheap so I wrote it off to experience. I still have the email on my PC and only brought it up because it seemed relevant to an honest appraisal of this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunga Dunga
Canada
Maple Ridge
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's just my imagination, but I think the creation of this subdomain has done a lot to improve publishers customer service. Word gets around pretty fast here, unlike CSW (otherwise a great site), where forums are ruled by publishers and designers, who sometimes feel they have to quash any criticism or product issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
Kevin,

I bet if you contact them this week, they'd probably get a repl sheet to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Price
United States
Dover
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Decision Games' customer service is outstanding and is a true credit to their company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had nothing but good customer service from DG.

(In the context of an auction, "BIN" = buy it now.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brent
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll pile on here...

I've had nothing but great customer service from Decision Games. I usually prefer to phone them if I have an issue or a question and they are always VERY responsive...never dismissive!

I actually like a lot of their games and am currently awaiting a boxed version of "Desert Fox" which I'm told is almost a certainty.

Don
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Riley
United Kingdom
Bridport
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here - they have been great at sending errata counters and replacement counter sheets to me in the UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They've always been responsive to any of my inquiries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And now they have solved a problem promptly and with no questions asked. Got a copy of one of their games, and it was missing one of the maps. Sent an email to them, and I got the map today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etien
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
General
badge
The War Room
mbmbmbmbmb
Decision Games just replaced missing rules in a game picked up on the BGG marketplace. Thank you Paige for top notch customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
I bought 'Wacht am Rhein' from them and it had a miss-cut counter sheet. When I registered the game I told them about it and they sent another one and the errata sheet. Very happy.

About two months ago I bought 'Atlantic Wall' and 'Hurtgen: Hell's Forest' and registered both and asked for errata sheets for both games.

I have not got them yet. Should I be worried? What to do?

p.s. Preordered 'Lucky Forward' as I love GOSS and looking forward to rules revision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.