7 Posts

Krosmaster: Arena» Forums » Rules

Subject: 4 player game - GG's and rolling for tension rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Pedersen
msg tools
Hi everybody

I'm completely new to the game. I just bought a used copy and I'm looking forward to try the game. I'm sorry if this question has already been asked, but I'm very confused about the rules for the 4 players games which are not very clear. There are two variants

2 Vs 2
GG start: 3 GG for each player and 3 wild GG's or 6 GG for each team and 1 will GG?
Tension roll: Each player or each team roll for tension? Who loses GG's when a player is rolling doubles? Players or teams?

Free for all
GG start: 3 GG for each player and 3 wild GG's?
Tension roll: Who loses GG's when a player is rolling doubles? All 4 players?

I hope that someone can help with my question, because I would really like to introduce it as a 4 player game to some of my friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magicirving wrote:
Hi everybody

I'm completely new to the game. I just bought a used copy and I'm looking forward to try the game. I'm sorry if this question has already been asked, but I'm very confused about the rules for the 4 players games which are not very clear. There are two variants

2 Vs 2
GG start: 3 GG for each player and 3 wild GG's or 6 GG for each team and 1 will GG?
Tension roll: Each player or each team roll for tension? Who loses GG's when a player is rolling doubles? Players or teams?

I agree, the rulebook could have been much clearer. Use 3 wild GG and then give each team 6 GG. The players in each team share the GG.

Each player rolls for Tension & Inspiration. Each team loses a GG on doubles.

magicirving wrote:
Free for all
GG start: 3 GG for each player and 3 wild GG's?
Tension roll: Who loses GG's when a player is rolling doubles? All 4 players?

Correct, 3 GG for each player and 3 wild GG. All players lose GG on doubles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, the multiplayer rules as written are junk. I've had MUCH better luck just setting up a two player game and then dividing the teams in half with each person controlling part of a team and playing when it's one of their character's turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stargazer1x wrote:

Each player rolls for Tension & Inspiration.

Which gives almost twice as many kamas in a game...if you can turn in tension rolls for 3 twice a turn...prepare to buy a ton of DRs if you try to use the rules as written

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Pedersen
msg tools
Thanks for your answers!

Stargazer1x wrote:
Use 3 wild GG and then give each team 6 GG. The players in each team share the GG.

Don't you mean only 1 wild GG if it almost works like a 2 player game? Or why do you use 3 wild GG's for 2 vs 2 player game?

Isley wrote:
Which gives almost twice as many kamas in a game...if you can turn in tension rolls for 3 twice a turn...prepare to buy a ton of DRs if you try to use the rules as written

Yes, that much be a lot of tension rolling. Do you use these rules in another way than written? I guess it can also be a quick game, where only a few doubles can mean that the first player who buys a wild GG wins the game.

Isley wrote:

I've had MUCH better luck just setting up a two player game and then dividing the teams in half with each person controlling part of a team and playing when it's one of their character's turns.

Sounds like a good way of explaining it! Do you then finish all 4 character turns for one team or do each player play 2 character turns before handing the turn to a player of the other team?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Pedersen
msg tools
I guess there could also be a weakness in the 4 player free for all. If Player A deals 9 damage point to a character of Player B, and then Player C knockouts the same character by dealing him the final damage point and then scoring all the GG's from Player B. Could seem like a good tactic to hide to avoid contact and let the other players fight, and then try to deal the final damage to a character with a surprise attack to score the GG's from that player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaded Lounges
United States
Vashon
Washington
flag msg tools
Noli me tangere, Caesaris sum.
mbmbmbmbmb
In a four player free-for-all, it is also not clear what happens when one buys a GG at a Demonic Rewards site after the Wild GG are exhausted. It seems to make sense that the purchaser takes it from the opponent of his choice, and that is how we play. Would be interested in other perspectives if there are any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.