Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin von Allmen
Switzerland
Zuchwil
Zuchwil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi.
I and my Girlfriend love to play Pokemon GO in the Moment.
So i search a Game where you can catch and train animals/monsters/whatsoever to fight against other players or vs the game.
I dont mean the official pokemon-boardgames, i heard there are crap.
Did you have recommendations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you want Dungeon Petz and/or Dungeon Lords.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Hornblower
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/97207/dungeon-petz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin von Allmen
Switzerland
Zuchwil
Zuchwil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes we have Dungeon Lords and Pets and these are awesome games!
Thanks for the recommendation, but its not exactly what i'm looking for. Did you have more recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a board game, but an RPG. Pokéthulhu Adventure Game is the best implementation I've seen of Pokèmon, albeit with a Cthulhu theme to turn it into a legally-acceptable parody. It's easy enough to just replace words like Eldritch and Squamous with Grass and Fire, though. Plus, the latest edition is even a completely free download: http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/pokethulhu.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
Ghost
badge
Can't You See That You're Lost Without Me?
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastiqa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jacobson

Omaha
Nebraska - NE
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy a board game like Dominion or X Wing. Now proceed to collect all expansions. Gotta catch em all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Cute and Fuzzy Seizure Monsters ...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r0t1 prata
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evolution is the closest I can think of
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gohawks wrote:
Buy a board game like Dominion or X Wing. Now proceed to collect all expansions. Gotta catch em all.

Geek gold for you, good sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin von Allmen
Switzerland
Zuchwil
Zuchwil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the Recommendation of Evolution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
[______|_hi]
badge
[intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Gruff does the fight part well.
You are a shepherd that fights an other shepherd... using monster goats.
A really cool thing is that you declare an attack at the end of your turn; then your turn ends and the opponent takes his turn; then your goat's attack is resolved.
The defending player could have swapped the defending goat with another better suited to defend against that attack, or have played some boost card...

There is no searching for goats (gruffs) or training them, but there is customization: you chose your three goats (or draft them), and select 8 cards from the 15 available for that goat (special attacks or abilities, or general utility but tied thematically to that goat).
You shuffle all the 24 cards and that is your deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bruno
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK so some comments here have focused somewhat on the ability to collect and train creatures (and I'll admit that Dungeon Petz was the first thing I thought of)
For me the feel of Pokemon is going around exploring, getting stronger through discovery of items and pokemon, and every encounter building your strength.
In that regard I would suggest Talisman. You wander around a fantasy realm, collecting loot and followers to help you overcome creatures, battle other players, and get eventually get powerful enough to reach the inner area and try to win the game.
And if you must collect creatures to assist you by fighting battles, you can play as the minstrel who has the ability to tame animals to later fight for him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Lister
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be worth having a look at Creature College

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an older game called Pokémon Master Trainer which I thought fit the theme of Pokemon's original TV series really well. The game is dated, but if you like the theme and "collect them all" aspect, this can be pretty enjoyable IMO.

Otherwise, the closest you'll get is probably some engine esque game where you see cards/abilities available, then you obtain the cards/abilities, then you use the cards/abilities to get better toward some goal. Based on this, I think some deckbuilder would work well. Perhaps check out something like Dominion or Legendary? The basic concept is similar to Pokemon in a way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.